Not sure how to get the site back

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
RADRaze2KX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Not sure how to get the site back

Post by RADRaze2KX » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:34 am

Long story short, in list form:

1.) was getting "JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING" on front and backend
2.) logged into backend, cleared cache
3.) cleared browser cache, performed hard refresh, same thing
4.) spoke with tech support for web host to see if any server changes were made recently, no
5.) tech said he would refresh my site's connection to the database, and that I may need to update the password afterward
6.) I backed up the configuration.php file ** this is important
7.) tech said to try the site
8.) site didn't work, wrong db password
9.) did a live-edit via FTP to change the password in the configuration.php file, changes wouldn't save
10.) told the tech, he said he'd run an FTP tool to try to fix it, it would take a few minutes
11.) tech then said the server locked and needed to be rebooted, server rebooted, tool ran
12.) I accidentally overwrote my configuration.ini file with the wrong one
13.) I attempted to restore the backup that I created in step 6, BUT THE FTP PROBLEMS DISCOVERED IN STEP 9 PREVENTED ME FROM DOWNLOADING THE FILE IN STEP 6, SO IT WAS A 0-BYTE FILE
14.) I went through all my site backups and every time I restore a configuration file, it makes it look like my site is brand new, there are no articles, no extensions or modules, and the theme is gone.

How do I fix this? Am I connecting to the wrong database? I don't know how to do more beyond what I've already said. I told the tech I needed the file restored and he said they only do whole server-backups for server restoration, not for customer file restoration. Is there anything I can do? I'm like crying right now, my Joomla site has been up for 3 years and I don't seem to have a recent configuration.php file anywhere that restores it with all the work I put into it.

vashikaranbiz
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Not sure how to get the site back

Post by vashikaranbiz » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:32 am

Are you using share hosting or VPS? if you are using share hosting, try to login your cpanel and change your database password in mysql database setting. I hope it will help you

RADRaze2KX
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by RADRaze2KX » Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:32 am

Woooooooooooow I got it... downloaded MySQL Workbench and connected to my database using my webhost credentials, found the table prefixes under "SCHEMAS" under the Navigator section and went through the 3 prefixes there that I couldn't find and one of them worked, and I could log into the back end and make changes. Leaving my solution here in case anyone else loses their config file database prefix... hopefully this NEVER HAPPENS to ANY OF YOU!

Travian
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Travian » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:24 pm

In my experience, "JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_LOADING" errors usually are connected to a lack of HD space on your hosting. Usually happens when you move web hosts.

Login to your hosting control panel and check your disk usage statistics and you most likely have to clear up some cache files or other larger files to free up space.

If you're not out of space and you're on shared hosting it could be due to the server being too packed with other users and you're not getting your allocated space (because it's not really reserved for you). If you're on a shared host, try contacting your web host to see if they can ensure you're getting all your space or free up space elsewhere - then try again,if that doesn't work it might be a schemas issue like RADRaze2kx mentioned.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”