Blank Administration Login Page

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
chadr619
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Blank Administration Login Page

Post by chadr619 » Sun May 01, 2011 7:50 pm

I spent the past 24 hours trying to figure out what happened when my Admin Login page "failed" to load. No error messages, view page source looked normal, just would not show anything. Here is my fix and what was the possible cause.

Possible Cause:
Installed 2 add-ons that did not work so I uninstalled them.
  • Fade Gallery
  • Random Image Modifiziert
Read others having problems with Fade Gallery, but the loss of the admin login page didn't happen until after the removal of the Random Image Modifiziert. However, must note that after the install of the RIM, my buttons would not work in the Admin window either. (broken js?)

Fix:
I checked all the folders on my site through ftp client against the 1.6.3 full package. Apparently one of the above add-ons removed most all of my js files from /media/system/js folder.

After copying and pasting the 1.6.3 files for that location from the 1.6.3 full package to the server side location. Everything is now working as intended.

I hope this will help at least one person not go through the frustration I had to go through.

AlexSmirnov
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Blank Administration Login Page

Post by AlexSmirnov » Sun May 01, 2011 9:02 pm

great job, chadr619!

this post will certainly save someone from undue hair-puling.

Rx Ricardo
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Blank Administration Login Page

Post by Rx Ricardo » Mon May 02, 2011 12:07 pm

hi
I created two different profiles, Moderator and Editor. When a user enters with one of these profiles in the admin area, only appears the blank screen. Only show the articles (and all other areas) with a profile of super-administrator.

I've read the tutorials joomla on the configuration of users, groups, access, etc., etc.. I am sure that the permissions are correctly allocated.

but even then, only the super-administrator has total access. other types of users access the administration area, but nothing appears.

already found out what was going on. is the administration menu bar that does not appear.

Can someone help fix this?

Best Regards
Rx

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”