Media Manager will not upload

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
alston1977
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Media Manager will not upload

Post by alston1977 » Tue May 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Hello,
I've got this problem on a couple of my sites and it's driving me nuts. I've tried the fixes above, which were:

1. SEF is on. Rewriting is off.
2. configuration.php $live_site='http://www.mysite.com/;' and I tried adding '.com/en/' but neither worked.
3. I added the line to .htaccess AddType application/json json and still nothing.

Then I noticed that each time I was trying to upload the configuration.php in Filezilla it appeared to accept the upload but then I got a red "critical file transfer error" in the update ticker at the top of the window. Then when going to check to see if it accepted the change it always shows the

$live_site='http://mysite.com/;'

and it's discarded my changes as I described above in #1.

Can anyone offer any light on this, why it's happening and how to avoid it in the future?

haribelle
I've been banned!

Post by haribelle » Tue May 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi,

I run Joomla! 2.5.11 and had exactly the same problem uploading images via media manager with the same pop up opening .json file message.

Unfortunately none of the solutions kindly described here worked for me (i have to say i'm totally new to Joomla, i have installed it for the first time two days ago and i am working hard with tutorials to try to figure it out :) for the moment it runs locally with MAMP and i don't even use a web host so i don't have a live site to refer to in the configuration.php file. That is why the "www" trick could not work for me.

Also, this version of Joomla! doesn't include the flash uploader anymore, so I couldn't fix the upload problem by editing the flash uploader configuration.

Here's what just worked for me. In the Media Manager Options, in the Component tab, I just set the Restrict Uploads option to No, and here we go ! It works fine now, and I can upload whatever number of images I want directly in the media manager.

I hope this info can help other newbs like me ;)

Bonne soirée,

Anne

alston1977
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by alston1977 » Tue May 21, 2013 8:28 pm

Wow, that was amazing and I can't believe how easy it was. I'm still trying to figure out the json thing, found some tutorials on it but I can't find much on it still.

Thank you Anne!

jahnstek
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jahnstek » Sun May 26, 2013 5:09 pm

haribelle's "trick" worked for me on Joomla 2.5.11 with PHP 5.3.21.
haribelle wrote:In the Media Manager Options, in the Component tab, I just set the Restrict Uploads option to No
However, I'm not exactly sure what features I'm disabling by setting this to no.

alston1977
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by alston1977 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Yes, I agree about the disabling and what else it affects...

I believe this became an issue after the 2.5.11 upgrade although I'm not sure...

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”