How to make a module public-only and not for registered

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
CharlieMon
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

How to make a module public-only and not for registered

Post by CharlieMon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:31 pm

Hi - I am lost, sorry.

I have set up 2 user groups under the "registered" group, call them "members" and "non-members". Both are required to login to see specific content, but some content is reserved for full "members".

Additionally, I created a viewing access level called "public and non-members only" and assigned the "public" and "non-members" groups to that access level.

I have a module that I would like to make visible for "public" and "non-member" groups ONLY. This would not be visible for "members". For example, a "sign up or upgrade now" type of module which would not be appropriate for "members" since they have already upgraded and do not need to see that module. So, I created this module and assigned it to the "public and non-members only" access level.

In the module position that this resides in, I have 2 modules -- one for this "public and non-members" module and another for "members" so that if the user is a "member" level user, they'd see this alternate module instead. And, this second module is assigned the "members" access level.

Here's the problem...if a member logs in, they see BOTH modules in that position.

How do I make it so that members do not see the module assigned to "public and non-members only"?

I'm assuming it's related to some hierarchy of user groups, but everything I've tried has not changed how this is behaving.

Help? Thanks...

====================== solved ================

Found the answer here:

http://www.joomlahackers.net/joomla-1.6 ... oomla.html

Works great!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”