My articles do not show

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mariouchka87
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

My articles do not show

Post by mariouchka87 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Hello,

I'm completely new to website building and to Joomla. My site is crios.org (I've published it so you can look at the problem). So far, it contains a Home page with test data (I modified the Bojitom 1.7 template).

I've constructed categories and menus, so right now you can see a top menu with level 1 submenus.

All the menus and submenus lead to single article pages. For these single article pages, I have changed the Template: I basically threw out everything between the header and the footer leaving only a "main" division that's supposed to occupy a pagewidth of 1200 px (this is all specified in the index.php file of the modified template). So my Home page and my other pages use two different templates.

Problem is, all these single articles DO exists in my back-office (I've created them with test text and put them into categories and under the right menus) but they don't show. Click anywhere on the top menu or sub menu and it takes you to a page that only contains a header and a footer, with the "main" division completely blank.

What is the problem?

Thanks a lot for your help,
Marie

mariouchka87
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

My articles do not show -SOLVED

Post by mariouchka87 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Hey sorry,

I'll reply to my own post just in case somebody is as code-dumb as I am. The problem was I did not have a <jdoc:include type="component" style="xhtml" /> in my "main" division... So yes, the component wouldn't work, but now it does :)

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”