Showing expanding menus only shown in certain areas

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
IsItFast
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Showing expanding menus only shown in certain areas

Post by IsItFast » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:42 am

Okay, I thought this would be easy but has turned into something I can't seem to figure out. With one of my extensions (Mossets Tree) I have a module that shows several extra menus items on the left hand navigation only when within Mosset related pages. This works great so I decided to have my other menus in the left navigation do the same...or thought I would try.

Now I have the menus collapsed by default but you have to manually open them every time you change pages. I would like the related menus to stay open within certain areas. What is even more confusing is the Mossets menu that was working fine is now staying collapsed too every time I go to a different page. I didn't change anything within that module or menu so not sure why it changed.

Am I overlooking a setting somewhere? Or is there an extension that will do what I'm asking if this isn't possible?

IsItFast
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Showing expanding menus only shown in certain areas

Post by IsItFast » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:08 am

I've spent countless days on trying to figure this out. Seems like it should be possible since Mosets tree works this way. But I guess it's not as easy as it appears since no one responded. I've even created a "main menu" for certain areas. Then created a second menu module that should show up only on certain menu pages but they won't even show up on those pages for some reason. So even my work-arounds aren't working.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”