localhost/joomla/administrator: Object not found

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
rpir
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

localhost/joomla/administrator: Object not found

Post by rpir » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello everybody,
I have an xampp local platform and a joomla 2.5. site.
Everything worked properly until I tried to upload it to a live free hosting server.
I registered a domain name to a free provided registar and then I compressed joomla htdocs and also extracted the respective sql from xampp myphpadmin. Unfortunately I did not manage to upload the site but my problem is that after the process above I can not access my localhost/joomla/administrator. The message it returns is "Error 404" Object not found. Nevertheless my localhost/joomla (frontend) works properly.
Since I am comparatively new, I can not understand how I lost my administrator and how I can recover it.
Can you please help?
Thanks in advance
Last edited by humvee on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as resolved

pavanparasa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: localhost/joomla/administrator: Object not found

Post by pavanparasa » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:32 pm

This can be a xampp issue as well.

Run your control panel - xampp-control.exe from the xampp installation folder and if you are using Win 7 then right click and select to run as an administrator even though you may be logged into your PC as an administrator.

2. Sop Apache and MySQL (and any other running component).

3. Remove any ticks in the Svc check boxes by simply clicking on the tick if there are any present.

4. Make sure now that you don't have any ticks in the Svc check boxes and all XAMPP components are stopped - you should now have a blank or greyed out control panel.

5. Click on the Port-check button in the control panel and make sure that all the ports in the list are showing 'free'.

6. Now you can start Apache and MySQL in the control panel but do not tick any of the Svc check boxes as they are not required for normal use of XAMPP - make sure that they both show a green running indication.

7. You can now do a port check again and see if Apache and MySQL are showing the path to your XAMPP Apache and MySQL on ports 80 - 443 - 3306.

8. Now you can type http://localhost in your browser's address bar and after selecting your language you should be at the XAMPP Welcome page - you could also click on the Admin button next to Apache in the control panel to have the same pages displayed in your browser.

9. To test your XAMPP installation is fully functioning, run all the demos in the left menu frame of the Welcome page often referred to the XAMPP admin page.

If this does not work.

1) This can be a stupid one: But just try checking the files once, see if you have renamed or moved the admin folder :)

rpir
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: localhost/joomla/administrator: Object not found

Post by rpir » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks you. I recovered it!
So helpful :)

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”