Joomla 2.5 Performance on Windows Server vs. a Linux Sever

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
cobrien
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla 2.5 Performance on Windows Server vs. a Linux Sever

Post by cobrien » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm currently developing a website using Joomla 2.5.4 and have hit a number of issues in implement the site. A number of issues occurred in the transition of the site, which was originally developed on a Linux environment and was moved to a Windows 2008 server. On the Windows server, PHP 5.4.3 and MySQL 5.5.24 has been installed while the original Linux server had Apache/2.2, PHP 5.2.13, and MySQL 5.0.77. Also the default settings for PHP were set up for the Windows server while the I'm assuming the PHP setting for the have been optimize for web developers. To provide more context, the Windows server is run by our client while the Linux environment is run by our hosting provider.

My question is how much of an effect would the PHP setting difference have on the Joomla framework and would it be in my best interest to match these settings from the the Linux server to the Windows server to increase the site's performance and/or security?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Raed911
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla 2.5 Performance on Windows Server vs. a Linux Sev

Post by Raed911 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:38 pm

IIS 7.5 is Wonderful webserver and have a lot of features . I used both but IIS7.5 is better , specially security issues but you have to put strong hardware to take all advantage of it ,also you need to be an expert (Read and search) because is not all a wizards like things in windows it's different if you go so deep .. you will see that ..

Good lock ! :pop

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”