Blank administrator login page

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
suds
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Blank administrator login page

Post by suds » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to login to the back end of my Joomla site but when I go to the administrator login page it's blank. I have no idea why it is blank. The last time I was logged in I updated the version of joomla from 2.5.6 to 2.5.7 but everything was fine when I logged out. All help would be gladly appreciated.

My site is located at http://www.asrwebdesign.com

Thanks.
Last edited by humvee on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as resolved as per OP

euoceo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Blank administrator login page

Post by euoceo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:13 pm

Very difficult to solve this by looking at a blank page. Take a look at your http error log, it'll most likely have some php errors there that will tell you what's causing the blank page.
Joomla! Web Hosting, Design, and Consulting.
-Bob

suds
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by suds » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:34 pm

Thanks for your reply. When you say look at the http error log do you mean go to the root of your site logs>error.php ? if this is the file the last error recorded is
2012-09-03 16:20:22 INFO 197.205.17.82 Joomla FAILURE: Username and password do not match or you do not have an account yet.

Thanks.

euoceo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by euoceo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:38 pm

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/logs.html

The error log for the web server itself. It varies depending on your host where it's put, you may have to ask them for it if you can't find it.
-Bob

suds
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by suds » Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:00 pm

I think I found it. On my cpanel this is an area for logs and error logs. The error that are listed in the log are outlined below.

[Thu Oct 04 16:11:27 2012] [error] [client 184.8.101.220] File does not exist: /home/asrwebde/public_html/favicon.ico
[Thu Oct 04 16:11:27 2012] [error] [client 184.8.101.220] File does not exist: /home/asrwebde/public_html/404.shtm

I have added a 404.shtml and a favicon.ico to the root of my site but I cant see how this would solve my problem.

I really appreciate your help.
Thanks again.

euoceo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by euoceo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:56 pm

Yes, those are website errors. But yes, that doesn't have anything to do with the issue, except for the 404 part, is that generated when trying to go to your admin page? If it is I would thing you'd be getting a browser 404 error, not a blank page. A blank page is almost always produced by some sort of php error or something causing the execution stream to abruptly halt and not returning anything to the browser.
-Bob

suds
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by suds » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:09 pm

I managed to get it solved. My web host deleted my admin template bluestork due to security issues. Once I changed the active admin template in the database it solved the problem.

Thanks so much for your help.
Niall

euoceo
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by euoceo » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:15 pm

That would cause the execution steam to abruptly halt! But, why is your ISP deleting the template, make them site the security reason. Nice of them to let you know...

That template had quite a lively discussion in a recent thread.. But if they are claiming it's due to a hack, the hack is not the template, but a directory under the template's folder being used to drop files in...

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=737503

Edit: Oh, a godaddy website. 'nough said.....
-Bob

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:46 pm

suds wrote:I managed to get it solved. My web host deleted my admin template bluestork due to security issues. Once I changed the active admin template in the database it solved the problem.

Thanks so much for your help.
Niall
Do you actually think Joomla would continue to include a template within their releases that had a security threat within it "by default".
It is more likely that the site was not properly updated, the security of the site or the host server was in some way deficient.
If your host knows any different then they should contact the Joomla developers after all they make enough money out of using Joomla for free!

louismoe
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by louismoe » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:35 pm

Mee too. have the same problem. anyone can help?
[24-Sep-2012 03:13:17] PHP Fatal error: Declaration of AEPlatformJoomla15::getPlatformVersion() must be compatible with that of AEPlatformInterface::getPlatformVersion() in /home1/knicnews/public_html/burmese/administrator/components/com_akeeba/akeeba/platform/joomla15/platform.php on line 617
[24-Sep-2012 03:20:21] PHP Fatal error: Class 'JControllerLegacy' not found in /home1/knicnews/public_html/burmese/administrator/components/com_cpanel/cpanel.php on line 13
Thanks

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”