template trouble

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
gabone844
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

template trouble

Post by gabone844 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:51 pm

Hello,
I install Joomla 2.5 (I have experience with 1.5) and also I install 2.5 joomla templates. For all I have some trouble: not show al menu, top menu for instance; Compared with demo template wich i install in my site appear less then original template.
What I have do ?
Thank you

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: template trouble

Post by imanickam » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:57 pm

Be informed that the module position names are not standard across the templates. For example, the module position name position-7 in the Beez20 template many be called left in the new template you are using. So, the modules published to the position position-7 would not show in the new template.

So, when you change templates, you have to make sure to change the module positions of the modules or create additional instances of the modules to show in the new module position name.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”