Moving offline site to live problems

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
tonydoe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Moving offline site to live problems

Post by tonydoe » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Got this strange joomla behavior and cant figure out whats causing it.
joomla 2.5.7 brand new site
I have been working on articles, menus etc. while site was ticked offline in global configuration. Everything looked fine and i decided to bring it to live. Thats when i found that a number of pages wont show due 404 error. Featured articles now missing from main page too.
It seems that all original joomla articles are missing. K2 articles and categories display ok though.
Default access level is set to public, all missing articles are also set to public.
Tried swicthing SEF on and off - no effect.
Tried renaming/realiasing/publishing/unpublishing articles and menu items - no effect.
When i tick the site offline again and log in frontend - all articles are there just as supposed to be.
Please help!
Last edited by humvee on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as resolved as per OP

zemadeiran
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Moving offline site to live problems

Post by zemadeiran » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Could it be a permissions issue for the articles?

Your logging in to the site with super admin credentials I take it so it seems to point to this.

tonydoe
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Moving offline site to live problems

Post by tonydoe » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:26 am

issue solved.
the problem was in status of category Uncategorized - it was unpublished accidentally. After i changed its status back to "published" all children articles got visible. I am still confused about why the problem didn't show up on a offline site.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”