Blank Backend Page

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
jetstar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Blank Backend Page

Post by jetstar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:29 am

I obviously am having the same problem. I can say that I was modifying user settings. I was happily navigating the back-end for almost two hours when suddenly half of the icons disappear. I reload and it is just like the screenshot in ogtp's post. I can logout and that is it. I cannot access Global Settings because I have no link. I am using 2.5.8. Is there any way to directly reset all user modifications I have made to their default ones? I have tried all fixes listed above and none work. I can access certain parts of the backend but there are no buttons to save anything or add anything.
Last edited by humvee on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Marked as resolved

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Blank Backend Page

Post by humvee » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:10 pm

[Mod Note: Split topic http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=624&t=707494 into separate thread as related to new incident. Do not post multiple unrelated questions to same thread. Please simply enter a cross-reference to any post/threads that you have worked through to resolve the issue.]

Please run the Forum Post Assistant to provide the information to help us try and resolve the issue.
Please follow the instructions in the post and the program pack closely.

jetstar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jetstar » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:30 am

Here is the link to the assistant. http://gamrview.com/fpa-en.php
My issue is the backed has no content in existence after I login. If it provides anymore help I was messing around with the user groups before this happened.
I hope this more direct and informative post will help! :-[

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by abernyte » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:38 am

If you open your database via phpMyAdmin you can set the jos_viewlevels (where jos is your database prefix. It will not be jos) settings back to the default.

1 Public 0 [1]
2 Registered 1 [6,2,8]
3 Special 2 [6,3,8]
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

jetstar
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jetstar » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:02 pm

Thank you so much! I was able to fix my issue after changing the data values. :D

abernyte
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by abernyte » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Glad you have it working now.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it." Thomas Paine

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”