User Sessions and the Admin Panel

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
teejay818
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

User Sessions and the Admin Panel

Post by teejay818 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:22 am

Hi... Need a Joomla Guru!

I have a very large site with lots of users that access the admin panel. The Super User and Administrator group all say the Admin panel runs fast, the users at the Sub Admin levels (manager, publisher) say the admin panel is very slow to open or save an article.

From my research, I find that the admin panel runs on sessions. All I ever see on the server is about 6-7 concurrent sessions, so I figure that the sessions showing go one to a user group, not an actual user. AND because there are lots of people in the Sub Admin levels, maybe they are combined on the server in one session so the server is slower to load and respond.

I experimented and made another user group and put only one user in it. It seemed to help with speed when creating or saving an article.

Can someone explain if what I did was correct or is there something about sessions and/or server connections, I am missing? Thanks in advance! :eek:

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”