Frontpage Layout

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
tracyt317
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Frontpage Layout

Post by tracyt317 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:18 pm

I'm having a difficult time getting my front page to display ONLY one column straight down. I have went into the article manager and to the blog/featured layouts tab and set the leading article to 1 ...intro articles to 3...and columns to 1. This does NOTHING. I could put 1000 in all fields and NOTHING will change. I still have ONE lead article and three columns underneath. Why will this not change?
My site is located at harlanobits.net

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Frontpage Layout

Post by imanickam » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Try the following:

Just have the value greater than zero in the option Leading articles and for the option Intro articles have the value zero.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

tracyt317
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Frontpage Layout

Post by tracyt317 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:05 pm

I tried that and it still shows a single leading article with three columns of articles underneath.
***UPDATE***
You can set this via the menu manager. Go to the 'home' link, which is a 'frontpage' menu item and it is in the setting for this that you can also adjust how the front page is displayed.

Go to backend>Menus>Mainmenu>Home and on the right you will see...
Leading:
Intro:
Columns:
I set them to...
Leading: 3
Intro: 0
Columns: 1 and Viola! Done. Hope this helps anyone else who may have pulled their hair out like I did, trying to figure out why just changing the option in articles would not work.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”