Menu corrupted. Unable to create or edit.

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ruffledfeathers
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Menu corrupted. Unable to create or edit.

Post by ruffledfeathers » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Running J2.5, I have lost the ability to manage my mainmenu items. They appear scrambled in the administrator's menu item pages, and some that exist in the database do not appear in the menu list - and cannot be added. Using "Rebuild" shows no errors but changes nothing that I can see. With error reporting set to maximum, no messages appear.

When saving new or changed menu items, several different messages appear, usually to the tone of "No Root found". Created a new menu, then tried to add a menu item - got
Save failed with the following error: MenusTableMenu: :_getNode Failed -
I am tempted to delete all mainmenu items and then start over - but don't have confidence that that will work, either. Can anyone advise me?

konczal
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Menu corrupted. Unable to create or edit.

Post by konczal » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm having the exact same problem when upgrading a Joomla! 1.5.26 site to Joomla! 2.5.6 using jUpgrade 2.5.2. Did you ever find a solution to this?

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”