Replay Mysql database

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
FDigital01
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Replay Mysql database

Post by FDigital01 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:13 am

i have a full joomla 2.5.8 website, but i need to remove some tables and update the data in others. I have an sql file ready with the correct table structure and data but I do not know how to overwrite the existing data and data structure and also keep it related to the joomla installation. Does anyone know whether and how I may be able to do this.

Thank you.

arvincandaruma
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Replay Mysql database

Post by arvincandaruma » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:31 am

i'm not sure about removing some tables, but you can try editing the config of the main joomla to point in the new database.

Tonie
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Replay Mysql database

Post by Tonie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:28 pm

Something like that is possible. Always create backups you know you can restore when doing something like this. However, the information you are providing is not nearly enough to decide what to do. If't about what tables (joomla, extensions, other), full or partial import, overwrite or enrich information, etc.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”