J2.5: JAuthentication::__construct: Could not load authentic

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
stuffdone
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

J2.5: JAuthentication::__construct: Could not load authentic

Post by stuffdone » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Sorry if this looks like a duplication but the topics I found on this seemed to related to older versions of Joomla.

I made the same mistake ( Suggestion to developers: Please clearly lable what turning off authentication does. It appears most people assume it keeps out unwanted people from the FRONT END. It should not even be available as an option to turn that off if it disables any means to manage the site again. )

That said...how do I get access turned back on again?

What I have done so far.

phpMyAdmin

jos_plugins / tried setting enabled to "1" ( note it was already "1" so I tried "0" the "1" again. Did not work.

There are two sets of prefixes in the DB jos_ and J25_ ( from the upgrade )

Fresh reinstall is NOT an option since it was migrated with content, galleries etc. I spend all day getting the migration to work for customer.

BTW I went to several other sites including a recent fresh install of Joomla 2.5 and a prior upgrade using Jupgrade can cannot even find PREFIX_plugin in order to duplicate the entries?

UPDATED to add screen cap of the SQL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stuffdone
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: J2.5: JAuthentication::__construct: Could not load authe

Post by stuffdone » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:59 pm

UPDATE:

I can still log in to the old site from prior to the JUPGRADE migration to 2.5. When I look in the plugin list the authentication plugin is not there. ( Files are still in the site /plugin directory however )
If I could find where to download the authentication plugin perhaps I could reinstall via the old site's admin?

I cannot for the life of me find the db entries in any 2.5 site in order to try to duplicate it to the damaged site.
--- http://www.Stuffdone.com ---
Wow. Doing web sites for over 28+ years now. Still learn new tricks...not bad for an old dog

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”