Cannot log in back end and front end

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
nyabynghi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Cannot log in back end and front end

Post by nyabynghi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:36 pm

Hello,

I am having some issues logging on to my Joomla. I started noticing it this afternoon but thought it may have been a glitch or something. I am currently experiencing it with a couple of sites. I couldn't log into either but after a while I could log into one and have changed the password.

I am still experiencing issues logging into the back end of the other website. There are no messages but I am assuming it is not recognising the password but I am very confident I am entering the right info.

Is anyone else experiencing issues like this?

Thanks in advance.

Abi

masoudnbox
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Cannot log in back end and front end

Post by masoudnbox » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:17 pm

I am having the same issue. As soon as I enter my username and password, the page just gets refreshed.

I have made most of the changes that I have found all over the web. But none has worked out so far.

nyabynghi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nyabynghi » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:17 pm

I'm getting concerned now. I have tried it across different browsers and the same issue exists. I have also followed the instructions to manually change the admin password directly in the database which i have done but this has not helped.

masoudnbox
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by masoudnbox » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:59 am

I believe its a problem with the PHP version of the server. As soon as I find a solution, I will post it so that you can follow the steps. I hope it gets resolved easy :|

nyabynghi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nyabynghi » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:43 am

OK. I suspect that something else is going on in my case. I am also having issues logging into to other resources for example skype and our help desk system.

kenmcd
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by kenmcd » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:31 pm

nyabynghi wrote:OK. I suspect that something else is going on in my case. I am also having issues logging into to other resources for example skype and our help desk system.
Throughly check your system for any infection.

██ LibreTraining

nyabynghi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nyabynghi » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:49 pm

I'm running a deep virus scan now, but my anti virus is up to date and I don't install any questionable software or games. Really strange I continue to face this issue and it doesn't appear like any one has faced similar issues.

When I have managed to log in my session is often terminated after browsing to a couple of pages.

nyabynghi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by nyabynghi » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:10 pm

I just wanted to provide an update. This was actually an issue with my ISP. Some firewall issue.

Thanks!

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”