Fatal Errors

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
c4pcats
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Fatal Errors

Post by c4pcats » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:40 pm

I recently changed hosts for my website (from a private company to godaddy). In the transfer, the old company provided a back up of the website they created via a zip file and sql file. When godaddy uploaded both files, we were able to connect to the database and go in as an administrator, but the website no longer appears. When i go in as an administrator and try to create a new page or article, i get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::onDisplay() in /home/cause4p/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php on line 459

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: JLoader::$classes in /home/cause4p/public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 195

Additionally, all the files are there as they were before we changed hosts, but when I click on an article, I get the same message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::onDisplay() in /home/cause4p/public_html/libraries/joomla/html/editor.php on line 459

Fatal error: Access to undeclared static property: JLoader::$classes in /home/cause4p/public_html/libraries/loader.php on line 195

Any help or guidance with these issues would be very welcome. Thank you!

NathanHawks
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Fatal Errors

Post by NathanHawks » Thu May 29, 2014 7:38 pm

A few things:

- Delete the contents of the /cache/ folder except for index.html
- Same for /administrator/cache/
- Edit configuration.php in a plaintext editor or code editor. You need to look at a few settings.
... live_site should be blank (two single-quotes with nothing between including no spaces);
... Make sure log_path and tmp_path are correct for the new site
- Make sure the new site's webserver user can write the file configuration.php, and the /logs/, /tmp/, /cache/, and /images/ folders. If you're able to save Global Configuration settings changes, then it has correct permissions and is owned by the correct user (UNLESS IT IS 777! 777 IS TERRIBLE!).

Let us know whether this helps, what you learn while doing it, and give us Forum Post Assistant output and logs if you still need help.
Save time - hire me for your Joomla to-do list! http://nathanhawks.us/joomla

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”