beez5 vs beez20 banner

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
longinus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

beez5 vs beez20 banner

Post by longinus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:02 pm

It seems like the banner works this way:

If I define a banner through "components"/"banner“(Let's call it main banner), beez 5 template will take it as long as I go to the "extensions/template manager"/"beez5" and clear the several settings like "Logo", "Site title", "Site Description". This will clear the default Joomla header picture "enjoy fresh fruits" with whatever I defined in "components"/"banner".

So, the "main banner" option all works well if I am using beez5.

But if I change the default template to beez20, the banner doesn't work at all and the default beez20 header image with "open content management software" and Joomla icon shows up. Even though I went to "extensions/template manager"/"beez20" and cleared "Logo", "Site title", "Site Description", the main banner still not show up. What you can see a blue banner with "we are volunteers"

Am I right or I missed something? If I am right I am thinking to wiki it since I believe if 2 template working the same way will make life easier.
http://www.cheapestdomain.ca, best priced domain names and web hosting ever

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”