Assistance in assigning module to a module item

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Splendid1008
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Assistance in assigning module to a module item

Post by Splendid1008 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:23 am

For my website www.splendiddigitalsolutions.com, I want to assign a module (which will be in form of widget constructed using advanced HTML option) to module named Sponsor (appearing on the left sidebar). I have assigned modules to menu items but not sure how to assign modules that are not menu items.

jackrabbit
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Assistance in assigning module to a module item

Post by jackrabbit » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:55 am

Do you mean placing a module within a module? If so, the {loadmodule } plugin is what you need to use.
The method

Code: Select all

{loadmodule mod_type,module title,chromestyle}
Reset Joomla super user password and username simply | http://cmsenergizer.com/website-energy- ... d-remotely

Splendid1008
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Splendid1008 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:24 pm

Thanks for the reply. Could you kindly explain more or better refer a tutorial.

iextensions
I've been banned!

Post by iextensions » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:33 pm

Splendid1008 wrote:Thanks for the reply. Could you kindly explain more or better refer a tutorial.
you can see:
https://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/ ... oadmodule/

jackrabbit
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by jackrabbit » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:29 pm

• Create the module(s) you wish to include within a Custom HTML module. Assign to non existing positions by simply typing a name in the position field, so there is no display other than the custom setup. I usually use 'z' just so it displays at the end of the list in the module manager.
  • Create a Custom HTML module and assign to the menu item as needed. Set Prepare Content to 'Yes'
  • Enter the loadmodule plugin code as shown in the method below

Code: Select all

{loadmodule mod_latest_articles,View The Latest Posts,xhtml}
  • The first parameter defines the module type.
  • The second param is the name of that module, and it must be exact as the name given to the saved module
  • The third param is the chrome style as found in the template's module.php. You don't need this param. It will default to xhtml but it gives you the option to use any other available style.
loadmoduleusage.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Reset Joomla super user password and username simply | http://cmsenergizer.com/website-energy- ... d-remotely

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”