Root path to Media Manager

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 2.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
john+bishop
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Root path to Media Manager

Post by john+bishop » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:28 pm

Hello ! My internet service provider set up a new root path to their server. While I can change the folder path , e.g. images/stories and create folders in the Media Manger (via Global Configuration), I cannot figure out how to change the root path to the server. Any leads very much appreciated...

NathanHawks
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Root path to Media Manager

Post by NathanHawks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:14 pm

The answer is either that you shouldn't need to, because joomla internally auto detects it; or you shouldn't need to, because despite the site moving to a new home on the disk, the base web address won't have changed.

A possible third answer is that I am not clear on what you are asking :)
Save time - hire me for your Joomla to-do list! http://nathanhawks.us/joomla

john+bishop
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by john+bishop » Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Thanks for your help…much appreciated ! I am using the Art Sexy Lightbox plugin to display a slide show. Worked like a charm for years. Now am getting the following error message that displays on the website:

Could not open a directory stream for /hermes/bosoraweb030/b2586/ipw.mbcondorentalscom/public_html/nb25/|||quot;images/test|||quot;/

I contacted my ISP who said that I need to use:
/home/users/web/b2586/ipw.mbcondorentalscom/public_html/nb25/

I cannot figure out how to tell Joomla to use the new path. The ISP people said to look at the plugin…which makes no sense to me given the error message.

The Art Sexy Lightbox code that I embed in an article (and has worked for years) is:
{artsexylightbox path="images/test"}{/artsexylightbox}

I am thinking that both paths work to upload images via Media Manager, but only the /home/users/web approach will work to display the article (?). Hopefully I have laid out the issues better...many, many thanks for any and all help !

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:03 pm

Have you tried without the quotes?

NathanHawks
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by NathanHawks » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:59 pm

Look closely at the latter half of the path reported in your error message:

/hermes/bosoraweb030/b2586/ipw.mbcondorentalscom/public_html/nb25/|||quot;images/test|||quot;/

Something is inserting a data trainwreck into the end of that URL -- it is definitely not usable. I agree that the plugin (or perhaps some new usage workflow on your part?) is at fault.

john+bishop
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by john+bishop » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:22 pm

Thanks to you both for your comments!! The plugin documentation includes the quotes in their examples and the quotes were not a problem for years. I will uninstall the plugin and install a (hopefully) newer version. Perhaps the quotes are no longer used. My ISP is also looking into this...they do not want me to use the /hermes path.

john+bishop
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by john+bishop » Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:35 pm

It was the editor I was using. When I switched to tinyMCE the photo gallery displays correctly.
Thanks again for the input...I was impressed by the response time of this forum !

NathanHawks
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by NathanHawks » Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:14 pm

Glad you're helped :)

Return to “Administration Joomla! 2.5”