Migrating from joomla 1.5 to 2.5 along with virtue mart 1.9

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
zahidkhan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Migrating from joomla 1.5 to 2.5 along with virtue mart 1.9

Post by zahidkhan » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:40 am

I've have a site built in with joomla 1.5 having virtue mart 1.9. Now i've to make the copy of that site with few more plugins to install and they are not available in 1.5 version so i have to upgrade to joomla 2.5 with the supported version of virtue mart . As my site have lots of plugin and most important of them is virtue mart. I've installed joomla 2.5 then redmigrator plugin which copies the database but what about my design and other plugins??
what folder to copy from the old version to new version in case of design??
1)What should i do to make the new copy of site as same as previous with the updated versions of joomla and virtuemart??
I want the same old site So whats the step to follow. Help Apperciated Thanks

deligence
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Migrating from joomla 1.5 to 2.5 along with virtue mart

Post by deligence » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:29 am

You can take the step by step help from http://docs.joomla.org/J2.5:Migrating_f ... Joomla_2.5

There are steps to upgrade a Joomla 1.5 template to 2.5 - http://docs.joomla.org/Upgrading_a_Joom ... Joomla_2.5

Joomla upgrade with 3rd party extension is not an easy task and it need programming skills.
Last edited by alikon on Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed selfpromotion

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”