Restore to XAMPP problem - Failed opening required '1/platfo

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
ABSCC
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Restore to XAMPP problem - Failed opening required '1/platfo

Post by ABSCC » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:56 pm

I am trying to restore our live 2.5.27 website to my localhost (XAMPP) using Kickstarter. Everything ran without problems but when I go to the front-end home page I get a 404 error and there is no template formatting. The PHP Errors log shows this:

PHP Warning: require_once(1/platform.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\ABSTest\libraries\import.php on line 39

PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '1/platform.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\ABSTest\libraries\import.php on line 39

Line 39 in import.php is:

require_once JPATH_PLATFORM . '/platform.php';

and platform.php is in the same folder as import.php

The administrator home page is blank - the source code is there but nothing displays and there are no error messages.

I have done this restore to localhost before and had a working website (v 2.5.6), which I removed before running this restore.

I've been through all the troubleshooting steps for Kickstarter and searched the web for answers but have come up blank.

I should mention that the live site uses PHP 5.3 while my localhost is on PHP 5.5. I also use port 8080 for Apache rather than port 80.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ltheme
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Restore to XAMPP problem - Failed opening required '1/pl

Post by ltheme » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:53 am

An error message come from Joomla! core file, so you should recheck:

1/ Joomla! version in your website
2/ XAMPP version
Steve (Mr.) - Fan of Joomla! CMS over 10 years
https://ltheme.com/joomla-templates/ <= 250+ Joomla! templates
https://agethemes.com/free-joomla-templates/ <= Joomla! templates on marketplace
^Compatible with Joomla! 3.x, Joomla! 4.x and Joomla! 5.x

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”