Solution for error: JTableMenu: :_getNode

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
russelblair
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Solution for error: JTableMenu: :_getNode

Post by russelblair » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Wow! Thank you for that Lieven Borms!

TomT
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by TomT » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:13 pm

Lieven Borms wrote:Because some people are struggling with the phpMyAdmin part. I simplified the first part of the solution.
Wow, this works great. You really helped me.

Thanks, Tom

Gordon1552
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Gordon1552 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:54 am

I am not sure where to start here. I have the same error showing up and new components simply don't show up in the Joomla 2.5.7 admin Components menu. The components are installed into the site OK but no sign within Admin.

I have followed both sets of instructions as per Lieven's great work but unfortunately on both occaisons the problem still existed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

moulinski
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by moulinski » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:24 am

Lieven Borms wrote:No thanks. I’m happy that i could help to solve your problem.
Believe it or not but 2 years ago I didn’t know the existence of Joomla or even CMS.
So I know how hard it can be and especially with an error like these. But with good support you can learn very fast.
These solution worked for everybody and it’s much better than recreate your whole website back from zero :laugh:
How I couldn't tell MANY THANKS to you? With this little file you saved me by rebuilding over 30 menus! ;D

P.S. worked perfectly on Joomla 2.5.8

Rinoplasti1122
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Rinoplasti

Post by Rinoplasti1122 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:58 am

As the post says you can make the whole page in HTML including a header and footer. That is the whole point of the guide… To make the custom page look completely different than the rest of the blogs theme.
While there is a way to add different header and footer images and or styles to a theme in the stylesheet, it is not something easily explained. But basically you would have to add the new/different css code in the themes stylesheet and then call for it in the custom page template instead of the original.
----------------------------------------
Rinoplasti

Terriz
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Terriz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Many thanks! Works like a charm!

mattisa
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mattisa » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:43 pm

Can anyone help please!!!
What if you have joomla 2.5? After the database name... what do you have to enter instead of `a8z7y_menu`.
Thanks

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:48 pm

The prefix before menu in `a8z7y_menu` needs to be replaced with the prefix your database is using. What that prefix is can be found in Joomla admin=>Global Configuration on tab Server on the right you see Database Settings. The last attribute is called Database Tables Prefix. That value should be used.

You can also find it in configuration.php:

Code: Select all

public $dbprefix = 'j258_';
Upon installation I set it to the version of Joomla I was installing: j258_.
Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

Llewellyn
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Llewellyn » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:31 am

Lieven Borms wrote:Because some people are struggling with the phpMyAdmin part. I simplified the first part of the solution.
Below you can find the renewed solution.

To solve this problem please enter the following two steps.
1. Add the missing record to the database
Unzip the file ‘slbs.zip’ (attached to this post)
Copy the file ‘slbs.php’ to the root of your domain
Go to http://www.yourdomain.com/slbs.php (replace ‘yourdomain.com’ with your real domain)
Now you can remove the ‘slbs.php’ file from the root

2. Rebuilding menus
Go to the administrator panel of joomla.
Menus --> MenuManager
Select all menus
Click on the button ‘Rebuild’
(By doing step two, the field ‘rgt’ in the just added record (step one) will get the appropriate value.)
Tanks Lieven Borms for sharing!!! I could fix the problem on Joomla 2.5.8

For those looking for the download, you must login to download this easy fix at http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 3#p2638090
<<ewe>>yn :geek:

Joomla Component Builder - Lead Developer

davidg82
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by davidg82 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Thank you very much!!
This issue is still happen in Joomla 2.5 after upgrading from 1.5 with JupgradePro.
Worked perfectly

trusting
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by trusting » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Thank you, Lieven Borms!

This worked great ... as soon as I followed ALL the instructions (including clicking on the Rebuild Table button).

:)

philsogood
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by philsogood » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:38 pm

I had the same problem on a Joomla 2.5.9. and this solution has fixed it - Life saver - thank you!

casus2402
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by casus2402 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:36 am

ooooo my good thank youuu :))))))))))

kunoichidee
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by kunoichidee » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:28 pm

How is it that no-one is reacting to the posts of people that are not helped with this sollution?

I, as some others on this forum, are stil having the same problems, the fix is not fixing it!

I'm using Joomla 2.5.7.

Anyone have any ideas?
How about the ones that reported having the problem still?
Any fixes there?
HEEELP!!! please....

dmccray
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dmccray » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:10 am

I don't see any attachment on this post. Can anyone tell me where
I can get the file for this fix? Thanks

sergZ
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by sergZ » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:50 am

Help, I have joomla 3.0. I tried all of these methods. An error can not find columns: Invalid query: Unknown column 'ordering' in 'field Leaves
Can someone was dealing with this problem for joomla 3.0?
thanks

gman2011
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gman2011 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Thank you to the gentleman who posted the slsb.php file, saved my butt and hours on hours. :D

Worked for the environment below. My only question would be why is it still happening and not being addressed in subsequent builds ??? :'(

PHP Built On Linux gator921.hostgator.com 3.2.38 #11 SMP Sat Feb 16 20:42:35 CST 2013 x86_64
Database Version 5.5.23-55
Database Collation utf8_general_ci
PHP Version 5.2.17
Web Server Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface cgi-fcgi
Joomla! Version Joomla! 2.5.8 Stable [ Ember ] 8-November-2012 14:00 GMT
Joomla! Platform Version Joomla Platform 11.4.0 Stable [ Brian Kernighan ] 03-Jan-2012 00:00 GMT
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0

david_flo1
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by david_flo1 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:33 am

Thanks a LOT, really I was so upset, My fresh installation of Joomla 2.5.9 and I created a whole Main menu then activated Multilingual stuff and tried to create a different language menu and all went to garbage, I was so upset.

Your method fixed it, thanks

realy
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by realy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:11 pm

Thank you very much!!

ratweb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ratweb » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:07 am

I am running 3.1, clean install as of a week ago and the same thing is happening to me.. i tried the slbs.php and get an error of "Invalid query: Unknown column 'ordering' in 'field list'" any help would greatly appreciated!

I get this error when i try rebuild Fatal error: Call to undefined method MenusModelItem::getMessage() in /MY SITE/administrator/components/com_menus/controllers/menus.php on line 111

i have disabled all SEF, disabled htaccess.. sttill same error.. any ideas? Im really not looking forward to rebuilding the site, esp if unstable..

Here is the error when i save a menu item, i can create a top menu in menu manager just nothing under it. Replaced path with MY SITE for posting

Warning

Save failed with the following error: exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'MenusTableMenu::_getNode(1, ) failed.' in /MY SITE/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php:1441 Stack trace: #0 /MY SITE/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php(751): JTableNested->_getNode(1) #1 /MY SITE/libraries/legacy/table/menu.php(183): JTableNested->store(false) #2 /MY SITE/administrator/components/com_menus/models/item.php(1231): JTableMenu->store() #3 /MY SITE/administrator/components/com_menus/controllers/item.php(224): MenusModelItem->save(Array) #4 /MY SITE/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php(722): MenusControllerItem->save() #5 /MY SITE/administrator/components/com_menus/menus.php(18): JControllerLegacy->execute('apply') #6 /MY SITE/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php(359): require_once('/home/offroadh/...') #7 /MY SITE/libraries/legacy/component/helper.php(339): JComponentHelper::executeComponent('/MY SITE/...') #8 /MY SITE/administrator/includes/application.php(166): JComponentHelper::renderComponent('com_menus') #9 /MY SITE/administrator/index.php(56): JAdministrator->dispatch() #10 {main}

FIXED - WORK AROUND

I restored my site with Akeeba lost and 2 days of work. ugh.. After i compared the structure of the _Menu tables.. seems it lost row 1, even some of the default rows as well. I do not have the time to trace them all however here is the "Should not be an issue for you" fix. It restores the DEFAULT only menu-items such as banners, root menu, etc.

Step 1. Download the attached file PREFIX_menu.sql, its an export of a clean 3.1 install of the _menu table.

Step 2. Open the file PREFIX_menu.sql in notepad or equivalent, do not use a program that inserts carriage returns, only raw format, i have marked where you need to edit the database name and prefix to match your server. Save the file and exit

Step 3. Open your PHPMyadmin or MySQL application, go to the table _menu, once open click on Import "PREFIX_menu.sql" this should restore the Default Joomla! 3.1 menu structure, but not modify any changes you have made. i don't use any of the the default anything so you may need to tweak your site a little after if you do. But it saves a lot of time just having to change a few things than rebuilding everything.

Your menu structure, rebuild and adding new menus should be no issue again.. I do not know why the menu structure in the DB get whacked, seems like an ongoing issue, im not a programmer but this really should be looked into.

This as is, i dont know if it will fix your problem directly, it did for me. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ChessDigital
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ChessDigital » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:27 pm

Unfortunately the slbs.php fix did not work. Running it generated the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ECHO in [my web host path]/slbs.php on line 6

Line 6 is:
echo "Troubleshooting started<br /><br /><br />";

Not sure why that would fail, but it seems I can't even attempt to repair the database.

Any idea?

ratweb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ratweb » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:50 am

If you have access to c panel you could just restore the default menu structure, look up at my previous post. It seems more complex than it it is, its a 5 min fix.. as for the other app, i had issues getting it working right on 3.1 as well, that's why i came up with this work around.

Remember row 1 gets whacked, so restoring the default structure will correct that error.

hope this helps :D

ChristineBeth
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ChristineBeth » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:14 pm

You're my hero too. I thought I was doomed, you made it a piece of cake. I'm using Joomla 2.5.14 and was afraid it wouldn't work.

StefanKW
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by StefanKW » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:57 am

Below you can find the renewed solution.

To solve this problem please enter the following two steps.
1. Add the missing record to the database
Copy the file ‘slbs.php’ to the root of your domain
Go to www.yourdomain.com/slbs.php (replace ‘yourdomain.com’ with your real domain)
Now you can remove the ‘slbs.php’ file from the root

2. Rebuilding menus
Go to the administrator panel of joomla.
Menus --> MenuManager
Select all menus
Click on the button ‘Rebuild’
(By doing step two, the field ‘rgt’ in the just added record (step one) will get the appropriate value.)
Merci beaucoup !!

EE Photo
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by EE Photo » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:26 pm

Thanks! Worked for me on Joomla 2.5.16.
Besök gärna min webbplats: http://www.fotoforalla.se/

wjl1984
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wjl1984 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:43 pm

thanks for this great sharing. :)

andre4000
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by andre4000 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:30 pm

ratweb wrote:
FIXED - WORK AROUND

I restored my site with Akeeba lost and 2 days of work. ugh.. After i compared the structure of the _Menu tables.. seems it lost row 1, even some of the default rows as well. I do not have the time to trace them all however here is the "Should not be an issue for you" fix. It restores the DEFAULT only menu-items such as banners, root menu, etc.

Step 1. Download the attached file PREFIX_menu.sql, its an export of a clean 3.1 install of the _menu table.

Step 2. Open the file PREFIX_menu.sql in notepad or equivalent, do not use a program that inserts carriage returns, only raw format, i have marked where you need to edit the database name and prefix to match your server. Save the file and exit

Step 3. Open your PHPMyadmin or MySQL application, go to the table _menu, once open click on Import "PREFIX_menu.sql" this should restore the Default Joomla! 3.1 menu structure, but not modify any changes you have made. i don't use any of the the default anything so you may need to tweak your site a little after if you do. But it saves a lot of time just having to change a few things than rebuilding everything.

Your menu structure, rebuild and adding new menus should be no issue again.. I do not know why the menu structure in the DB get whacked, seems like an ongoing issue, im not a programmer but this really should be looked into.

This as is, i dont know if it will fix your problem directly, it did for me. :D
Hey Ratweb, thanks for this fix, it actually worked great. I'm running J3.2.1 stable. A couple points of interest: I had to change a few references to your db prefix (svp) to my own prefix in the sql file. Also, I was getting errors about duplicate entries, as my default menu items were still intact. So I removed all the lines except for 1.

Code: Select all

(1, '', 'Menu_Item_Root', 'root', .......
Imported and everything is fixed! Thanks a lot!

gus33415
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gus33415 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:12 am

Thanks alot , my problem was caused by JCH Pro , disabled problem disappear ( RS form pro not working )

terdono
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by terdono » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm pretty sure my problem is with the database... a) how did it happen, so I can prevent it from happening again and 2) how many menus are affected?

marcowinter89
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by marcowinter89 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:41 am

Lieven Borms you save me!! Thank you so much!!!

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”