Joomla Update Version check

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
tschumler
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Joomla Update Version check

Post by tschumler » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:07 pm

I have been using and testing Joomla 1.6 on a demo site for some time to get to know the changes and differences between Joomla 1.5 and Joomla 1.6

Joomla Version 1.6.0 is installed on the Opensource demo server (http://www.opensourcecms.com). I noticed, that the update function in Joomla 1.6.0 offers Joomla 1.7 as an update although I have read everywhere that you should first manually update to Joomla 1.6.5 or maybe now even to version 1.6.6.

Should the update function in Joomla not do a version check first and offer the appropriate update version.

if version 1.6.0, or < 1.6.5 then offer 1.6.5
if version >=1.6.5 then offer version 1.7.0

Updating from an earlier version then Joomla 1.6.5 would in this case need two update steps first update to 1.6.5 and then to 1.7.0.

I am sure that not everybody reads the update instructions before clicking the update button in Joomla 1.6.0.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”