Problems after trying to upgrade.

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
gordonrobb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Problems after trying to upgrade.

Post by gordonrobb » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:15 am

I was upgrading my site from 1.7 to the latest version, following a thread here. I had to had a php.ini file to set "allow_url_fopen = 1" before it would find the upgrade.

I started it, and it ran for a few minutes before crashing with an error (which I can't remember). I have to confess that I had not backed up my site (which I am ashamed of).

My site still seems to function to the outside world - vrgrowth.co.uk

However, I cannot now access the administrator panel, I get the error shown in the attachement. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to get back (or forward to 2.5) and still have my content?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AlexSmirnov
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Problems after trying to upgrade.

Post by AlexSmirnov » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 am

I suggest you contact your host first to see where you are at the moment and what can be done. You seem to be hosted by 1&1 and I am not sure if your php.ini tweak worked. In any case, they have a real picture.

gordonrobb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gordonrobb » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:57 am

Not sure what that would give me. My site is accessible through the domaine name, as are the other sites I have as part of the package. I can also access my joomla file through FTP. It's clear that the stalled upgrade has messed up some of the file in the install, but I just don't know which ones, or how to get it back without it being a completely clean install. Is ther for example a way todo a clean install having copied my complete (not working) joomla site, then copy over all the content/configuration?

AlexSmirnov
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by AlexSmirnov » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 am

You should check with your 1&1 host why your J! upgrade stalled and most likely you won't be the first one contacting them regarding this.

There are many ways to skin the cat and you may try the manual upgrade route (Method C) as per the following wiki: http://docs.joomla.org/Upgrading_from_a ... ng_version .

As far as I am concerned, even in the event of successful upgrade to J! 2.5. there is no guarantee to avoid further issues with
either your J! system or your extensions until you rectify the source of your current trouble.

humvee
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by humvee » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:42 am

[Mod note: Moved from Installation Forum to Upgrade Forum;]

gordonrobb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gordonrobb » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 am

Ok, it's been moved :)

Anyone any views on how I can access my content now?

gordonrobb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gordonrobb » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:08 am

It's ok, I got it fixed myself.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”