Global config: Could not save data

Joomla versions 2.5, 1.7 and 1.6 are all end-of-life since December 31st 2014 and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
capeinfo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Global config: Could not save data

Post by capeinfo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:34 am

I've migrated from Joomla!1.5.25 to Joomla 2.5 using the latest jUpgrade and almost everything has gone smoothly.

But when I try to change anything (and I was trying to the change error reporting setting) in Global Configuration, I get the message:
"Could not save data. Error: You cannot remove your own Super Admin permissions."

matt777
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Global config: Could not save data

Post by matt777 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:34 pm

Did you change your supper admin ID. Could be the possible reason causing it. I remember getting the same warning after changing my ID, after stupidly clicking unpublish.
Eastern Odyssey | http://www.easternodyssey.com The Definitive Guide to Asia

capeinfo
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by capeinfo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:40 pm

Nope, nothing has changed there. I checked that.

MaryGrif
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by MaryGrif » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:52 am

capeinfo - realize this is outdated but I am having the same issue with finishing the migration. Did you ever find a solution - not having any luck online. I have been following Brian Teeman's videos but when I log out and try to log back in as the Super Admin nothing loads (blank screen). Thx.

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 2.5”