Hi All I don't Know Why my account has been banned ?

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with forum.joomla.org.
mktime
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Hi All I don't Know Why my account has been banned ?

Post by mktime » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi All I don't Know Why my account has been banned ???
I think something wrong

My user: mindphp

Mod help me. I am not spammer .
I register on 2007 .. :'( :'(

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Hi All I don't Know Why my account has been banned ?

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:20 pm

What extension had you listed?

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:18 am

I have asked the moderator who seems to know more about the original account to look at this.
i am moving the topic to a more suitable forum. Please wait for them to contact you.
no futher discussion will be made from me on this matter.
HU2HY- Poor questions = Poor answer
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted
{VEL Team Leader}{TM Auditor }{ Showcase & Security forums Moderator}

Leftfield
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Leftfield » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 am

Hi Mktime,

I am sorry, you have been warned several times in a month for self promotion and your signature, but it didn't help you read the Forum Rules even it was linked every single time in the warning.
Forum Rules wrote:Only exact URLs allowed ie not LOOK HERE - No tiny url, affiliate links etc either, only exact, literal URLs
Forum Rules wrote:Any posts deemed to be self promotion, advertising, or spam can and will be removed.
To be honest I expected you will give some feedback after warnings so we can clear up things, but we came to this point.

Please, let me speak with other Mods about this in the next 24 hours.

Kind Regards,
Leftfield.
SEO & SEM Manager https://vujosevic.com/

mktime
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mktime » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:27 am

Thank you all.

Leftfield My signature is full link not tiny url or affiliate (but it look like, my link is my hosting service)
if must have removed. I no problem

I am Developer
My extensions - Free
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/mindphp

Leftfield
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Leftfield » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:27 am

Regarding your signature as you suggest, it is OK, by the book. I was speaking a month ago when I edit your signature. Hope, everything is OK now.

I am glad we could solve this out. If any questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

Thank you for understanding!
SEO & SEM Manager https://vujosevic.com/

mktime
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mktime » Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:57 am

Leftfield . thank you very much.

gretenov
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gretenov » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:59 pm

I'm now in a similar circumstance, except that I'm not here since 2007. I signed-up yesterday just to find-out today that my account has been banned so I need to sign-up again.

my username: apolyon

First of all, I read all the rules in http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65. I did not find anything in it wherein I did something that violates the rules. In fact, being new, I am very much careful in my posts.

When I reply, it is either on-topic or something that naturally follows to one or few posts prior to my reply. Of course I cannot prove this now since all my posts disappeared when my account was banned, but if you guys have a way to trace it, then you will see that I'm telling the truth.

My signature follows the rules. There's no anchor text, I displayed full URL. Is it because the signature is a promotion of business? I see several members here also promoting their businesses and they are not getting banned.

So I signed-up for a new account. Then, being more extra careful I decided to look for the proper thread on which I could post this , I conduct a search and found this thread. At first glance, mktime here has the same scenario. Then as I scroll down, Leftfield mentioned that he has been warned several times already. Why is it that I was immediately banned without warning? I was never given the chance to defend myself or at least clarify the rules so that I don't unintentionally violate them again.

To the moderators and administrators, please help me.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:40 am

greetnov - perhaps the fact you only signed up yesterday and then made enough posts to add your signature in a short time tripped the ban sensor?
usually spammers do this to just to be able to add their non joomla /general advertising/ footballing babes/ signature. posting about your ban has broken forum rules .
perhaps we should disable signatures altogether? note i am not one who advertises their site in a signature and i am not saying you are a p4p-wordpress-non joomla signature poster either
Un requested Help PM's will be reported, added to the foe list and possibly just deleted

gretenov
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gretenov » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Hi mandville! Allow me to answer those one by one.
mandville wrote:greetnov - perhaps the fact you only signed up yesterday and then made enough posts to add your signature in a short time tripped the ban sensor?
Huh!? You mean to say that I was banned by a robot? Regardless of whether I signed-up just yesterday (two days ago as of now) and managed to have enough post to make me eligible to make signature or I signed-up a year ago, I was acting within the forum rules. I did not post stuff like "I agree", "same here", "bump", or anything that are posted just for the sake of increasing the post count. All my posts are either within the topic or as a response to one of the posts made prior to mine. If you don't like people who just signed-up to have signature, you could have made a rule for that or setup the system such that signature is earned only for x number of days after signing up.

To make rules against one set of behavior and program your banning sensor to outright ban people for another behavior does not make any logical sense.
mandville wrote:usually spammers do this to just to be able to add their non joomla /general advertising/ footballing babes/ signature.

The "usual" mode of operations of spammers should be of no concern to us. The only things that we should take into consideration are (1) the existing forum rules and (2) my behavior while using the "apolyon" account.

Well, actually the usual mode of operations of spammers should be of concern to you in making the rules and in general management of the forum, not in deciding whether a specific member deserves to be banned or not.
mandville wrote:posting about your ban has broken forum rules .
Where is that rule? I don't see them here or here.

Also, if I don't post, then what should I do? Email [email protected] as suggested in the ban notification page? The address itself "no_reply" indicates that no one will receive that email.
mandville wrote:perhaps we should disable signatures altogether?

Mandville, that's for you and other moderators and administrators to discuss. My only request is that you guys be consistent in implementing the rules, and reprogram your banning sensor to implement the rules as written, and not ban someone just because "oh this guy acts like spammer". The sensor can detect how often I post and whether I build a signature or not but I don't think it's sophisticated enough to understand if my posts are on- or off-topic.
mandville wrote:note i am not one who advertises their site in a signature and i am not saying you are a p4p-wordpress-non joomla signature poster either
Several others do have links in signature and they are not suffering any repercussion. In fairness to them, all that I've seen so far are well-behaved community members who actually participate in the discussion. It was their behavior which I use as basis in those cases wherein I do not understand the rules. If they can do it, so can I. Yet I was banned?

gretenov
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gretenov » Fri May 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Twelve days had passed and still no response. Hmmm...

I also noticed that the quote icon is missing but only in this particular thread. Nevertheless, allow me to quote this:
mandville wrote: greetnov - perhaps the fact you only signed up yesterday and then made enough posts to add your signature in a short time tripped the ban sensor?
I was banned because the robot integrated into this system was calibrated in the wrong way, and not because I violated any rules. I repeat: I DID NOT VIOLATE ANY RULES.

It should be obvious that banning me is a mistake, since I did not violate any rules. Mistakes should be corrected. Therefore, the banning, which is a mistake made by the sensor integrated into this forum, should be lifted.

mandville
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by mandville » Fri May 02, 2014 5:33 pm

i dont see that your post warranted a response from me. nor did i say you were banned, i said "perhaps". in the 12 days that you have been waiting for some form or answer, could you not have gone back to the topics you made and repost yur comments? and before i /eof this, read rule 2 http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

gretenov
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gretenov » Sat May 03, 2014 2:12 pm

mandville wrote:i dont see that your post warranted a response from me.
I am not expecting you in particular to reply. Any mods or admins who can tell me what rules I violated will do. That is if I really violated any rules. I'm here participating, I read the rules, and follow them closely to the best of my ability so that I can be a good member of this forum. Now, if I violated any rules, let me know so that I don't repeat them again. But if you guys cannot, then it's a clear indication that I did not violate any rule and therefore the ban should be lifted. If I didn't violate any rules, then why punish me? Is that reasonable?

Even then, if I actually violated any rules. Should I be banned immediately? Why are the rules and punishments being applied inconsistently? Minphp received three warnings before he got banned, but I was banned without anyone telling me what exactly I violated and without giving me a chance to explain myself.

Am I being unreasonable here? All my requests are within reasons. I am not asking to be treated in a special manner. All I asked is that I be treated the way other members are treated. Penalize if rules are violated, but leave them alone otherwise. If you give certain number of warnings to certain members, why is the same treatment not extended to me?
mandville wrote:nor did i say you were banned, i said "perhaps".

I WAS banned. It was clearly written there when I log-in using the "apolyon". All it said there "spam" and a suggestion to email an address that indicated "no reply".

You know what, it would have been easier for me if I am a real spammer. All I need to do is to either sign-up for new username and repeat the spamming process all over again, or just leave this forum and look for other forums to spam.

The thing is, I AM NOT A SPAMMER. I signed up here looking to expand my knowledge and to participate in discussions. For every post I made, I think first before posting. All my posts are either on-topic or follows the flow of discussion from the few posts prior to it.

This is also what motivates me to post here. I am not a spammer. I need to clear my name.
mandville wrote:in the 12 days that you have been waiting for some form or answer, could you not have gone back to the topics you made and repost yur comments?
Then what? To be banned again? I spend time thinking of what answers I would type to those threads that caught my interest just for you guys to erase everything by banning me. I was banned and then you are asking me to repeat all my actions before I was banned? This is very simple. Tell me what rules I violated that immediately resulted in that ban so that I don't repeat them again. Either that, or you guys admit that banning me the first time is a mistake and then act accordingly to correct that mistake.
mandville wrote:and before i /eof this, read rule 2 http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65
There's no rule 2. They are in bullets. If you're pertaining to the second bullet item, it's only because you (or whoever made the decision to ban me) forced me into position wherein having a second account is the only way to air my concerns. I was banned without any warning (unlike mindphp), without any chance to explain myself, and the only means of communication provided to me is an email address that indicates "no reply".

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”