Privacy consent (?phishing) email in Spanish Topic is solved

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with forum.joomla.org.
nacc
I've been banned!

Privacy consent (?phishing) email in Spanish

Post by nacc » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:00 pm

I received a curious email today, purportedly from [email protected], requesting confirmation of my existing privacy consent. A screenshot of the email below:
jcm_privacyConsent.jpg
As I recall I updated my privacy consents recently.

A couple of points: (a) I don't speak Spanish and (b) the email directed me to dev.sandbox.joomla.org/es.

I don't know if this is genuine (even though the email address that I'm masked out in the above screenshot is correct) but it looks suspicious to me and, of course, I didn't click any of the links contained in that email. I'm wondering if our Joomla community accounts have been compromised?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Privacy consent (?phishing) email in Spanish

Post by AMurray » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:27 pm

[email protected] seems to be a legit email address (given the Joomla.org domain name).

I don't know why it would be in Spanish.

https://dev.sandbox.joomla.org/ appears to point to the May Edition of the Joomla Magazine, the same as this "real" URL: https://magazine.joomla.org/all-issues/ ... issue-2023.

I don't know why it would be asking you for privacy consent - unless you post comments to these Magazine articles/blogs?
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

nacc
I've been banned!

Post by nacc » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:32 pm

Thanks @AMurray. Weird. Troubling.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:45 am

Apparently it was only an inadvertent test message from the Magazine team. All explained in the Town Square.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”