Joomla.com site width and hosting plan

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with forum.joomla.org.
ThePiston
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Joomla.com site width and hosting plan

Post by ThePiston » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:02 am

this site is really fast and snappy - i know you use Rochen, but which plan does the forum use?

Also, what is this forum's width set to?

technopuzzle
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Joomla.com site width and hosting plan

Post by technopuzzle » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:13 am

Joomla.org does not use a plan. They use a suite of dedicated servers for all of the Joomla! sites.
Thanks,
Roger Raymond
Techno Puzzle

ThePiston
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ThePiston » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:21 am

no wonder it's so fast - anyone know what the width setting is?  must be a min/max

Rochen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Rochen » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:26 am

Actually, you can get this type of speed on any decent shared plan, providing your site isn't pushing massive amounts of traffic. Joomla just needs the server setup it has due to the traffic volume.

- Chris
- Chris

ThePiston
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ThePiston » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:59 am

i have a private server at Dramhost and it takes about 2-4 seconds for the first response - then it's ok after that.  Seems to only be the Joomla sites - static sites are fast.  My site's not extremely heavy, but oh well.  http://www.richmondeyecare.com

Rochen
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Rochen » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:05 am

You either have irregular / heavy MySQL queries being run there (perhaps via a third party Joomla component?) or your hosting provider's MySQL service is overloaded or not properly tuned. I would perhaps contact them and see if they can offer any advice.

Delivering high performance hosting for dynamic sites (e.g. Joomla powered, Word Press powered etc.) is what sets the men apart from the boys in this hosting game. Hosting a static HTML page is easy as it doesn't suck up any system resources.

I would check out your components and see what is being queried to the MySQL service and if nothing turns up there contact your host.

All the best! :)

- Chris
- Chris

ThePiston
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ThePiston » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:09 am

I'm only getting 19 queries executed on home page which isn't that much... I got rid of any weird bots or components that hog resources.  I pay for a 150Mhz CPU for both the host server and pay separately for 150Mhz on sql server.  I thought that'd be enough....

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”