problem with the forum

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with forum.joomla.org.
einstenian
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

problem with the forum

Post by einstenian » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:03 pm

I can't post any reply to topic on the forum, because the server says: "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /posting.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I have not found any help link in the home page of forum.joomla.org in order to contact the site administrator group.

brad
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: problem with the forum

Post by brad » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:08 am

That error will be generated when you attempt to post content that could potentially be spam, or potentially is malicious. Please check the content of your post (perhaps reply instead of quoting).

Sizzerup
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Sizzerup » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:46 pm

brad wrote:That error will be generated when you attempt to post content that could potentially be spam, or potentially is malicious. Please check the content of your post (perhaps reply instead of quoting).
The reply always gets me on new forums :P Make sure you aren't using any special characters as those usually are the ones that trigger the moderation system

TheCellarRoom
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by TheCellarRoom » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:16 am

wouldn't it be useful if the forum actually stated what the problem was, rather than some permission denied error?

basic stuff.

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”