Forum Username and site username problem

If you have any 'mechanical' forum or Joomla! sites related issues/suggestions with forum.joomla.org.
RSwinson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Forum Username and site username problem

Post by RSwinson » Sun May 31, 2015 10:29 pm

Hi
Since I have registered on this forum I cannot access my website. I have picked the same username for both . Was this a mistake? Can I change the username for the forum?
I have tried to log into the backend of the website using another superuser name and this does not work either.
Thanks for your help.
Robert
Last edited by imanickam on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved topic » from General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Forum Username and site username problem

Post by imanickam » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:49 am

The forum's username has no relevance to your site's username. In fact, the forum has no relevance to your site at all - they are totally independent entities.

The problem may be that the passwords are wrong.

For accessing your site, you could reset the password or create a new user that has Superuser privileges. Review of the document https://docs.joomla.org/How_do_you_reco ... assword%3F would be of help.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

RSwinson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Forum Username and site username problem

Post by RSwinson » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:19 am

Thank you. It was a password issue. Good to know how to resolve an issue like this.

Return to “Sites & Infrastructure - Feedback/Information”