Fatal errors creating menus and menu items

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Amongthegums
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Fatal errors creating menus and menu items

Post by Amongthegums » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:31 am

Hi
I get the following fatal error when trying to create menus or menu items:

Code: Select all

Save failed with the following error: exception 'UnexpectedValueException' with message 'MenusTableMenu::_getNode(1, ) failed.' in /home2/userdomain/public_html/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php:1542 Stack trace: #0 /home2/userdomain/public_html/libraries/joomla/table/nested.php(783): JTableNested->_getNode(1) #1 /home2/userdomain/public_html/libraries/legacy/table/menu.php(215): JTableNested->store(false) #2 /home2/userdomain/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/models/item.php(1254): JTableMenu->store() #3 /home2/userdomain/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/controllers/item.php(267): MenusModelItem->save(Array) #4 /home2/userdomain/public_html/libraries/legacy/controller/legacy.php(728): MenusControllerItem->save() #5 /home2/userdomain/public_html/administrator/components/com_menus/menus.php(18): JControllerLegacy->execute('apply') #6 /home2/userdomain/public_html/libraries/cms/component/helper.php(380): require_once('/home2/userdomain...') #7 /home2/userdomain/public_html/libraries/cms/component/helper.php(360): JComponentHelper::executeComponent('/home2/userdomain...') #8 /home2/userdomain/public_html/libraries/cms/application/administrator.php(98): JComponentHelper::renderComponent('com_menus') #9 /home2/userdomain/public_html/libraries/cms/application/administrator.php(152): JApplicationAdministrator->dispatch() #10 /home2/userdomain/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php(251): JApplicationAdministrator->doExecute() #11 /home2/userdomain/public_html/administrator/index.php(42): JApplicationCms->execute() #12 {
Can anyone enlighten me as to what the error means and if there is anything I can do about it?

PS: Joomla 3.4 and I have done several clean re-installs to try and overcome the problem, without luck.

With thanks
Last edited by Amongthegums on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcms
I've been banned!

Re: Fatal errors creating menus and menu items

Post by jcms » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:00 am

extension manager/ database/ Fix

Amongthegums
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Amongthegums » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:06 am

jcms wrote:extension manager/ database/ Fix
Thanks for the reply, but I had already tried that several times. No joy :-\

Code: Select all

Database schema version (in #__schemas): 3.4.0-2015-01-21.
Update version (in #__extensions): 3.4.0.
Database driver: mysql.
80 database changes were checked successfully.

Amongthegums
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Amongthegums » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:16 am

I just noticed I cannot "Empty" the menu Trash list. Again I get fatal errors indicating relationships are preventing it "emptying".

How can I clear all of the menus and their items in an attempt to start again?

Thanks

Amongthegums
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Amongthegums » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:16 pm

Anyone?

Amongthegums
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

SOLVED: Fatal errors creating menus and menu items

Post by Amongthegums » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:20 pm

My Apologies. It turns out that the problem is with something called "Helix Mega Menu" that came with a commercial template I had purchased. It seems when the column value is > 1 the errors listed above occurs.

michcio29
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by michcio29 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:04 am

Have a look at the version of PHP that you are using and the version of PHP that is recommended for the version of Joomla

Try Use localhost (XAMPP)

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”