Joomla the right Choice for User Based Restricted Website?

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
soigroeg
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Joomla the right Choice for User Based Restricted Website?

Post by soigroeg » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Hello dear folks,

please help me understand, if I can use joomla for the creation of a project, that I have in mind.

I want to create a website, where every user has only access to the content I personally provide to him.

I already read about Joomlas ACL System, that lets me restrict content for each user group.

But instead of restricting user groups, I want to restrict every user to the content I provide to him.

For example: I have a database with content of User A, User B and User C. Every one of them is registered.
Now when User A comes to the website and logs in, he should only be able to see the content, that I provide to him.

The content which I am going to provide to him, will come out of a database. But the idea is, that it won't be possible for him to see any content, except the one I specifically provide to him.

Would appreciate any answer.

George

sapromo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Joomla the right Choice for User Based Restricted Websit

Post by sapromo » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:06 am

Hello,

Yes you can and you don't need ACL for it.

You are more going to focus on a user group for each user or more in the line of a category where that user can only see category X as example.

Might also be worth looking into using K2 and Jomsocial as it adds a heap of value to what you trying to achieve.
"... Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a gift, that's why we call it Present"

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”