Cannot install Joomla 3.2 as per guide on Hosting site

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
ppreyser
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Cannot install Joomla 3.2 as per guide on Hosting site

Post by ppreyser » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:48 pm

Hi

I've been trying for about a week now to upload my site to Afrihost hosting site. There is always an issue. The only out was to install Joomla 3.2 directly on the site. I upload the files via FTP, but when i access the site, I get Congratulations your installation is complete, please remove the installations before you can continue. I do not get to any of the configuration screens and that's where everything ends.

Am I doing something wrong or am I missing something?

I spend the whole day reading through various forums and no one seems to have the same problem. Should I address the issue with my hosting site maybe?

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Cannot install Joomla 3.2 as per guide on Hosting site

Post by imanickam » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:21 pm

I believe that in the files you have uploaded, there is a file named configuration.php. Remove this file or rename it something like configuration.php.old.

After this, when you type your site's URL the installation dialogue would show up.

If it is a hosting environment, I believe that you have a database created for your site, created a user in the database and GRANTed ALL PRIVILEGES to the user.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”