vcard content problem

General questions relating to Joomla! 3.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
federal
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

vcard content problem

Post by federal » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi,

contact page displays the full contact address, email, phone etc. When I click to download the vcard and then open it in Outlook I get the name, phone, email and street address, but no city, state , postal code etc.

Any ideas?

Link is http://www.federal.uk/index.php/contact-us

Possibly this is an Outlook issue? - be interesting to see if anyone else does get the full info, but I thought this was a standard format and should be the same no matter what you open it with?

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: vcard content problem

Post by toivo » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:23 pm

All the information is available in Lotus Notes
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

CDNKnights
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by CDNKnights » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:39 pm

I've got missing info using Outlook 2013.

I also created a duplicate in Outlook by creating the contact there and saving the card.

I opened both in Sublime and as you can see in "comparison.png" there is significantly less information in the one that gets downloaded compared to the one that Outlook generates.

I don't know if that's helpful to you or not, but I figured I'd pass on my findings.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks,
CDNKnights

federal
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by federal » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Thanks both, Looks like it's outlook not liking the format. I'll do some research and see if there is anything I can alter in Joomla to send different labels for the various fields.

Any further help appreciated if anyone else has fixed this already.

federal
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by federal » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:08 pm

Quick note - anyone else looking at this I'm messing with the vcard format now, so it won't output the same as earlier.

federal
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by federal » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:18 pm

Think I've fixed Outlook - toivo, could you please check lotus again for me and make sure I haven't broken that?

Removed the line $vcard[] = 'LABEL;TYPE=WORK:' . $item->address . "\n" . $item->suburb . "\n" . $item->state . "\n" . $item->postcode . "\n" . $item->country;

from /components/com_contact/views/contact/view.vcf.php

Shows perfectly in Outlook now

Edit - Just noticed the country doesn't show :-(
Further Edit - Country info is there, assuming it just doesn't show as it's my region - changed to South Africa just to see and the country then displays, back to UK and it doesn't unless double clicking the business button to the side of the address.

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x”