Updating to joomla 3.3.3 is causing a couple issues

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
jpjoomla0
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Updating to joomla 3.3.3 is causing a couple issues

Post by jpjoomla0 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:14 am

I recently received a update notice from 3.3.1 to 3.3.3. Since I thought it was a stable release, I updated it, and now, I am having issues with it.

Issue #1:

I can no longer create menu item. I can create menu, but when I tried to create a new item, I get the following error msg:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Isuue #2:
Akeeba no longer works. When trying to run akeeba, I get the same error msg as issue #1. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Akeeba, but it still does not work.

Has anyone run into similar issues with 3.3.3. Can I revert the version back to 3.3.1 or re-install 3.3.3.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Updating to joomla 3.3.3 is causing a couple issues

Post by AMurray » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:05 pm

How recent is the last backup you did with Akeeba? In otherwords did you do a full backup prior to the update to 3.3.3?

I'd start with a restore using Kickstart to roll-back to whatever version was applicable at the time of the backup (assuming that would be V3.3.1. or close to it).

Once you have a working site again, update progressively with each new release/patch package it says is available.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Trakker
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Trakker » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:15 pm

Figured this post would be good to tag on here?
I've run into another possible issue with joomla 3.3.3? I no longer see the files used in the template (tree view) when I'm in the Template Manager: Customize Template.

Anyone else having this issue?
Appreciate any update or responses.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:02 am

Trakker your question might be more appropriate here (forum for questions about J! 3.3 & template issues - http://forum.joomla.org/viewforum.php?f=713)
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

jpjoomla0
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by jpjoomla0 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:35 am

Here's a little background: I'm running the website on godaddy. I directed godaddy to install another joomla directory. Godaddy installed 3.3.1. I tested the add menu and it worked fine. I then upgraded the version to 3.3.3, and once again the add menu is no longer working.

Is there a way I can downgrade the joomla version on godaddy? I tried to the following but it didn't work.

I went to joomla Update, use custom URL, and point it to
http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsre ... ackage.zip

However, it give me the following error msg:
Update: :Collection: Could not parse http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsre ... update.xml

I do not want to have to do a blind install and have to rebuild my website from scratch since akeeba will not work.

theprocoder
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by theprocoder » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:44 am

jpjoomla0 wrote:Here's a little background: I'm running the website on godaddy. I directed godaddy to install another joomla directory. Godaddy installed 3.3.1. I tested the add menu and it worked fine. I then upgraded the version to 3.3.3, and once again the add menu is no longer working.

Is there a way I can downgrade the joomla version on godaddy? I tried to the following but it didn't work.

I went to joomla Update, use custom URL, and point it to
http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsre ... ackage.zip

However, it give me the following error msg:
Update: :Collection: Could not parse http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsre ... update.xml

I do not want to have to do a blind install and have to rebuild my website from scratch since akeeba will not work.
Did you try turning ON the Joomla debug mode?
Free Online Backups for your Website - www.EverLive.net
Speed up with Free CDN - www.PaceCDN.com

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”