Local install of Joomla - Folders Unwritable

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
cgsa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Local install of Joomla - Folders Unwritable

Post by cgsa » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:10 am

I have just downloaded a copy of my Joomla site to a new computer via SSH rsync.

I'm running MAMP on OSX, but the problem is that all my folder permissions are Unwritable.

Anyone got some advice or run into this problem themselves? I setup loads of local dev sites on my other machines before and never run into this problem before... going a little stir crazy :)

cheers
Andrew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to the forum Installation of Joomla! 3.x

cgsa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Local install of Joomla - Folders Unwritable

Post by cgsa » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:14 am

Is there no one in the Joomla community that can help?

How is this even possible. I have synced my site for the 1000th time to my local MAMP installation, but for some reason I have now have no permission to access my files or folders.

My server site is perfect, permissions normal, but when rsynced to site I have no access.

Please help. Please. I have 7 clients that I now can't do any work for... Pleeeeaase offer some advice.

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by xfsgpr » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:35 pm

Try this article:

http://www.macinstruct.com/node/415

I don't use Mac so I don't know how good that article is but it should work for you.

timosz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by timosz » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:32 pm

This may be an ownership issue, and you will have to increase the permissions on your local server to 777.
http://www.istogram.com - Joomla Agency Athens (GR)

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”