installing Joomla #50797 Template

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Ace84
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

installing Joomla #50797 Template

Post by Ace84 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:34 pm

Hello,
i paid for the #50797 template and i downloaded the files, tried the Extension manager but with no Luck, i have read all the tutorials available online and some [youtube] links.
the problem is i did Extract the file to a folder and found three folders inside one called Joomla with a zipped file inside called fullpackage i uploaded that and it did say successfully installed but when i used the Template manager to make it my default, i couldn't find it listed.
i can provide you with any info you may need so you can help me with that issue.

Thank U

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: installing Joomla #50797 Template

Post by AMurray » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:45 pm

My first thought is that this is the quickstart package, which contains Joomla+template+sample data.

You need to install it like you would a fresh install of Joomla, and not just like an extension through Extension Manager.

Perhaps the package you purchased came with "Template only" as well or maybe you purchased the full package unintentionally not realising there were several distributions - one could have been template only, and the other, quickstart package and purchased the wrong one(?).

You said there are three zip files in the purchase - what were the others named?

Did the package include multi-versions for different Joomla versions? i.e separate one for 2.5.x or 3.x or was the template only for 2.5.x and not for 3.x?

Can you give a link to the creator of the template? I googled and found a "#50797 template" on template monster.com - is that what you mean? Suggest you seek further support from the provider, or author of the template itself.

[Attention - Moderator] - This should really have been posted under "Extensions" or "Templates" categories of this forum, as it's about the template, not installing Joomla (?).
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Ace84
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Ace84 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:09 am

Thank U for your response.
now i did the installation but the Slider was there when i did now its gone for some reason that i don't know why,i have checked the application with firebug I noticed that it returns 404, the fact that i updated my Joomla might be the reason but i don't know tbh.
and i can't seem to find how i can change the ESP University name on the upper left side, any help with that please !!
should i post this issue in here or somewhere else?
Thank !!
Last edited by Ace84 on Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:24 am

Mod. Note: Relocated the Topic to the Extensions J3.x Forum.

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”