Migrated to new host and having errors since

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
adamtate
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Migrated to new host and having errors since

Post by adamtate » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:46 am

Good morning,

I've migrated from Webfusion to Heart Internet and since doing so I've had major problems. Please see www.tatestudio.co.uk for the error message:

Error: 0

SQL=SELECT `m`.`tag_id`,`t`.* FROM `bsu8e_contentitem_tag_map` AS m INNER JOIN `bsu8e_tags` AS t ON `m`.`tag_id` = `t`.`id` WHERE `m`.`type_alias` = 'com_content.article' AND `m`.`content_item_id` = 1 AND `t`.`published` = 1 AND t.access IN (1,1)

I did as the new hosts suggested and backed up my db from the old host. I made a new database on the new hosting site, and restored the db over the top of it. This gave me a new username and password for the db, and new tmp and log paths. I changed all these in configuration.php to the correct paths. I moved the entire site across by FTP ensuring the structure was perfect, and now I get the error above. I have about 8 sites to move across and this is the first and it's gone so horribly wrong. Any help would be appreciated as Heart Internet have now realised they don't know how to fix it!

Adam

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Migrated from another host and getting errors since

Post by sovainfo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:39 am

When having problems manually transferring sites suggest Akeeba Backup with Kickstart to move them.

NEVER restore over the top! ALWAYS restore into CLEAN situation. Those that know what they are doing know when this doesn't apply!
Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

adamtate
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adamtate » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 am

Thank you very much for getting back to me. When I made the database it was a clean (empty) database, and then restored the tables within it. That's what the new hosts advised me to do? Is that incorrect?

Adam

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:06 pm

That qualifies as restore to CLEAN environment. So, that is correct!

netshine
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Migrated to new host and having errors since

Post by netshine » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:05 pm

Error: 0 is not very helpful!

As it also shows an SQL query, one can only hazard a guess that there was a database error of some kind. Your Joomla administrator login page shows up OK, so Joomla is definitely able to connect to your database. If you don't have any luck with Akeeba, I would suggest logging in to Joomla administrator, going to System->Global Configuration, clicking on the 'Server' tab, and setting 'Error Reporting' to 'Maximum' or 'Development', and see if you get a more meaningful error message. Also check the PHP error log (typically a file named 'error_log' in the folder where you have Joomla installed).

adamtate
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adamtate » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:19 pm

So how do I do use Akeeba then? Just install on my working version? Is it simple enough? What do I do then about restoring? Sorry to be a pain I really want to get this right - Heart Internet support have been useless!

Adam

netshine
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by netshine » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:50 pm

There is a quick start guide for Akeeba here: https://www.akeebabackup.com/documentat ... guide.html

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:19 pm

Suspect that there is nothing wrong with the database. Looks like it is a generic error routine that reports the database error and statement while the actual error is not database related.

Enabling DEBUG might give the real error.

webhostuk
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by webhostuk » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:04 am

Are you on cpanel server with old host? and new host as well? in that case create a clear backup of whole account again and make sure the confirm the mysql , php versions with new provider and old provider.

Normally we do the migration for our customer as we have root access this helps to resolve such issue odd to see heartinternet does not helps customers with data migration.
https://www.webhostuk.Co.uk/joomla-hosting.html | Best UK Joomla Hosting!
http://www.webhost.US.Com | Best US Joomla Hosting
One click auto installer for Joomla

adamtate
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by adamtate » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:54 am

Thank you all for your help. It appears the site is working fine now after using Akeeba backup and checking the PHP versions matched what the old hosts had - much appreciated.

Adam

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”