getting 404page in IE and FF

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Sheitan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

getting 404page in IE and FF

Post by Sheitan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:41 pm

Hey guys,

I just spent hours searching for an answer but could not find a solution:

I'm getting a "Error 404, page not found" error, when trying to access my page with IE or Firefox, but not however when accessing it with chrome.

I recently migrated from a local installation onto a live server.

working with joomla 3.4.5. PHP 5.6

www.salina-maris.fr

by now I'm really desperate, I have no idea where to search for the problem.

Help? :'(

sozzled
I've been banned!

Re: getting 404page in IE and FF

Post by sozzled » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:44 pm

Sheitan wrote:I'm getting a "Error 404, page not found" error, when trying to access my page with IE or Firefox, but not however when accessing it with chrome.
I tried to access your website with Firefox, IE, Chrome and Safari and none of them produced different results—they all returned 404s. So this problem is not browser related.
Sheitan wrote:I recently migrated from a local installation onto a live server.
Did you, at any time after setting up your website in the production environment, have problems? If you did not initially have problems, do you remember what you may have changed?

Nine times out of ten, 404 errors are related to the Joomla menu and how you may have setup Joomla's SEO.

If I was in your situation I would start by looking at your Joomla menu (at the menu item that defines your "default" or home page).

Sheitan
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: getting 404page in IE and FF

Post by Sheitan » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:12 pm

omg, thanks!!!

I did go through the whole stuff with the SEO configuration trying to find the fault. Didn't have the idea to have a look at the menu.

Somehow with me, it always worked with chrome (still did when you answered me), so I didn't realize at what point the problem started, therefore I had no idea where to look.

In any case, I changed the aliases, names, default pages and stuff a bit around, and suddenly it worked again.... god knows.....

any case, saved my day, thanks mate!!!!!

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”