Site URL pointing to PHPBB forum instead of joomla?

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
leduc73
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Site URL pointing to PHPBB forum instead of joomla?

Post by leduc73 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:03 pm

Dear All,
I was finishing our website and I have in stalled phpbb on our server.

Problem that I run into now is that the old site webadress (url) is no longer pointing to our website but the PHP forum...

anyone know how to undo / correct this?

regards,
leduc

FlashRebel

Re: Site URL pointing to PHPBB forum instead of joomla?

Post by FlashRebel » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:12 pm

If you will give more details, then somebody can help you.

- folder structure how did u install Joomla website and how and where did you install php forum.

leduc73
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by leduc73 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Problem is I did not install the website myself. In fact, Joomla does not show up as an installed web application, only the phpbb3 shows up as installed software on the backend.

The joomla website domain is / was: http://www.johncooper.eu/
Now I have installed phpbb application, Location URL is set to http://www.johncooper.eu/ also..
So basically I have overwritten the previous url somehow and I can no longer access the actual website.

I tried to change the location url and then I get this..

! No installed application found at the entered URL. Note: To physically move an installed application, use the clone wizard to duplicate the source install and then uninstall the source install.

Hope this helps. There is the option to uninstall the php application which is wat I am contemplating but I am not sure if this will add insult to injury as I am not an expert on this stuff obviously.

FlashRebel

Post by FlashRebel » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:45 pm

So probably u installed it via some tools in your control panel of your hosting.
How you mentioned above, you rewrote previous Joomla web or whatever what was there with your new php installation. Probably only way how to come back is to restore your backup, what you probably dont have, so then ask your hosting provider that it restore for you :)

If you would like to run two application such as Joomla web + php forum, then you need second application install to different folder, not to the root of your hosting. For example your joomla web - core website will be normaly in root john...com and php forum will be installed somewhere in john...com/myforum where you will create special folder for that. Or maybe even better to install it to subdomain

leduc73
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by leduc73 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:51 pm

I did install it via a control panel of the host yes. I was smart enough to make a backup before I started with the php install so hopefully this can be used.

But your explanation is clear, hopefully more stupid folks have done this before and our provider can get us out of this :-) thanks for the help.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”