Moved Joomla to Root Folder Problem

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
leegillett
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Moved Joomla to Root Folder Problem

Post by leegillett » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:17 am

Hi guys,

This is a procedure I have carried out before with previous Joomla installations without problems, but this time I am stumped. Created a new Joomla V. 3.3.3 website which can be seen at www.cambuild.net/newsite - now need to move that site to the root folder (which on my hosting account is called "web"). Followed usual procedure and amended configuration.php to suit new location etc but received the "Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL.". Database details are correct however and are the same of course as for www.cambuild.net/newsite (which is working)

Turned on full error reporting and now see the following error message on screen when I go to www.cambuild.net/index.php :

Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /content/shard2/sites3/c/a/cambuild.net/web/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 19 Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error: Could not connect to MySQL.

I must admit the above baffles me! I don't know what it means.

For the moment I have set up a simply html redirect file so when users access www.cambuild.net it redirect to www.cambuild.net/newsite - to see the problem therefore you would need to go to www.cambuild.net/index.php

Thanks to any advice anyone can give me!

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Moved Joomla to Root Folder Problem

Post by leolam » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:24 am

Well the message states it all..... No connection to the database so your database credentials are wrong or have typos. Check and repair those and you should be good to go

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

leegillett
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by leegillett » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:31 am

Thanks Leo

and you would think so, but I have doubled checked those 100 times. Here are the two config files entries for database connection:

for www.cambuild.net/newsite:
public $dbtype = 'mysql';
public $host = 'mysql8.namesco.net';
public $user = 'cambuildnet';
public $password = '124xzy7123';
public $db = 'GILL0001_cambuildnet';

and for www.cambuild.net:
public $dbtype = 'mysql';
public $host = 'mysql8.namesco.net';
public $password = '124xzy7123';
public $db = 'GILL0001_cambuildnet';

No spaces or typos that I can see?

Thanks again.

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:38 am

leegillett wrote: Here are the two config files entries for database connection
Remove IMMEDIATELY that data from the forum!!!! That is asking to be hacked in minutes!

Leo 8)

leegillett
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by leegillett » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:40 am

Yes Leo - I thought that pretty soon after I posted it :-)

Have now changed the database password and amended in both config files and the situation is still the same.

leegillett
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by leegillett » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:48 am

Can't help thinking that this part of the error message is important: Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /content/shard2/sites3/c/a/cambuild.net/web/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 19

Checked that file and am not savvy enough to understand it.

dhuelsmann
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by dhuelsmann » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:51 am

Regards, Dave
Past Treasurer Open Source Matters, Inc.
Past Global Moderator
http://www.kiwaniswest.org

leegillett
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by leegillett » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:58 am

Thanks Dave - I think you may have hit on the problem there. I guess it must be a plug in, module or component that I am using which is causing the problem as I have moved directories. Having read about the plug in your link refers to I am not sure it can be used to correct my problem though. Might just try it anyway I guess.

leegillett
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by leegillett » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:02 am

Received a different longer error message when accessing http://www.cambuild.net/index.php this time (haven't installed anything else as yet):

Notice: Use of undefined constant DS - assumed 'DS' in /content/shard2/sites3/c/a/cambuild.net/web/libraries/joomla/registry/registry.php on line 19 Strict Standards: Non-static method JError::raiseWarning() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /content/shard2/sites3/c/a/cambuild.net/web/libraries/cms/menu/site.php on line 51 Strict Standards: Non-static method JError::raise() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /content/shard2/sites3/c/a/cambuild.net/web/libraries/joomla/error/error.php on line 187 Strict Standards: Non-static method JError::getErrorHandling() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /content/shard2/sites3/c/a/cambuild.net/web/libraries/joomla/error/error.php on line 139 Strict Standards: Non-static method JError::handleMessage() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /content/shard2/sites3/c/a/cambuild.net/web/libraries/joomla/error/error.php on line 143 Fatal error: Call to a member function enqueueMessage() on a non-object in /content/shard2/sites3/c/a/cambuild.net/web/libraries/joomla/error/error.php on line 480

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:54 pm

Well you can keep posting but you have an incompatible extension which is using the DS-helper or similar file as Dave stated and since your template files are not loading I assume it is related to your template framework. Change the template to Protostar and see if it works after that. Also find the module or other stuff that uses [quote}require_once (dirname(__FILE__).DS.'helper.php');[/quote]

I also consider something other strange: If your database requires a prefix_database where prefix is username why is this
not
public $user = 'GILL0001_cambuildnet';
Either both have the username as prefix before username and dtabase or none has. Are you using Plesk or cPanel or what?

Leo 8)

leegillett
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by leegillett » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:40 pm

Hi Leo

and thanks for your continued interest and assistance, but I seem to have got it working now. I am not sure what it was exactly that I did to make it work as I did so many things :-) - I think as you say, it was a problem with an extension and re-installing that extension among other things seemed to work.

Thanks again!

Lee

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”