I need help!!! I can't access my Joomla site anymore!

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Brody10
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

I need help!!! I can't access my Joomla site anymore!

Post by Brody10 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:35 pm

Here is my situation (I'm not a techie or coder, so bear with me):

I was working on my joomla website, locally (it's not uploaded yet) and my Mac crashed for whatever reason, so xampp control panel was still running processes.
When I restarted, the control panel app was missing completely from my computer, or was hidden and not functioning.
I read the xampp docs and they said to SAVE htdocs and your files within, then just drop a new installation right into applications, after you delete the old xampp folder.
Done.
Now xammp and control panel run again, so I put my htdocs files into the appropriate folder in the new xampp and now I get this when I try to access my website or admin:
Database connection error (3): Could not connect to database
Now, I've kept the old files and notice that the database folder and it's files(city@002dguide) located in my OLD folder are not in the NEW one:
xamppfiles/var/mysql/city@002dguide/
I tried to copy them over and got this after restarting the mysql process in xampp:

Table 'city-guide.fq14m_session' doesn't exist SQL=INSERT INTO `fq14m_session` (`session_id`, `client_id`, `time`) VALUES ('a054875a88843f725e5327eaddb2b83f', 0, '1360085497')

I need the database to recognize my files again. What can I do?

sitesrus
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: I need help!!! I can't access my Joomla site anymore!

Post by sitesrus » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:15 pm

When you uninstall xampp you have the option to keep files and databases, if you chose to keep them than you are fine.

You need to update your mysql host information if it changed (which it shouldn't have) to the new database access information. Usually it's root with a blank password on xampp unless you changed it.

Point it to the right db with right credentials and access it. If you deleted files or the database then you have to start over....always back up your site. You can do database exports and file copies to backup your site or akeeba from the JED.

Good luck.
I like working with Joomla :). I offer the following professional services: Custom extension development, SEO/marketing, maintenance/support, security and WCAG audits, and will work on websites at a reasonable rate.

Brody10
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: I need help!!! I can't access my Joomla site anymore!

Post by Brody10 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Thank you! It's fine now.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”