Updating to J3.3.3 results in a white screen

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
applestone
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Updating to J3.3.3 results in a white screen

Post by applestone » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:51 am

Morning Guys

I updated my site (www.flamingoresortbodrum.com) a couple of days back but never got round to checking if all OK as something came up. Anyway, when I try to open the front end today I just get a white screen. No error messages. Access to the back end is OK. Until this update the website was performing fine.

Just prior to the update I did take an akeeba backup but before I go down that route, is there anything easy I can try like overwriting the joomla files by downloading the complete J3.3.3 zip? I am concerned really about doing more damage.

Appreciate the help and advice

Regards
Dave

applestone
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Updating to J3.3.3 results in a white screen

Post by applestone » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:47 am

UPDATE: This is to help others in a similar fix.

Firstly I found a J3.3.3 file download on this site which looked to contain all of the files so I thought, overwrite everything just in case. I did that but no luck. I then set debugger to on (I'm not a coder but I thought it might show something) and looked at the log file. At the bottom was a whole host of fatal errors associated with MijoSEF so I disabled that component and bingo, my front end sprang to life.

I'm not sure why MijoSEF should do this but I'm guessing an incompatibility with J3.3.3 so I'll visit their support area to discuss. If I find anything useful I'll post here to close the loop and to help other users of MijoSEF with similar issues.

2nd UPDATE: There is no forum on their website, just tickets. I have emailed them!!

Kind regards
Dave

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”