white screen and errors after moving site

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Beatsuka
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

white screen and errors after moving site

Post by Beatsuka » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:40 pm

Hello!

I tried to move my site from a subdomain to a new domain both located on the same hosting server

I copied the whole htdocs folder over but then I only got a completely white screen on both index and admin site.
so then I updated the mysql by following this post:
http://docs.joomla.org/Copying_a_Joomla_website

nothing changed. only white screen

I then edited the $log_path and $tmp_path
Old:
public $log_path = '/var/www/virtual/beatsuka.com/gjofin/htdocs/logs';
public $tmp_path = '/var/www/virtual/beatsuka.com/gjofin/htdocs/tmp';
New:
public $log_path = '/var/www/virtual/gjofin.is/htdocs/logs';
public $tmp_path = '/var/www/virtual/gjofin.is/htdocs/tmp';
also tried:
public $log_path = '/var/www/virtual/gjofin.is/htdocs/logs';
public $tmp_path = '/var/www/virtual/gjofin.is/htdocs/tmp';

still only white page. so I changed the configuration.php file to show error messages but still nothing

I then took a look at the index.php file in notepad.. noticed it was completely blank. in case I backed it up and copy'd the original index.php that had some code in it. but no change.

Then I added this line at the second line of the index.php file and I then finaly got some errors.

Warning: require_once(/var/www/virtual/beatsuka.com/gjofin.is/htdocs/libraries/import.legacy.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/virtual/beatsuka.com/gjofin.is/htdocs/includes/framework.php on line 33

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/virtual/beatsuka.com/gjofin.is/htdocs/libraries/import.legacy.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/virtual/beatsuka.com/gjofin.is/htdocs/includes/framework.php on line 33

I went to framework.php and changed line 33
require_once JPATH_LIBRARIES . '/import.legacy.php';
to:
require_once JPATH_LIBRARIES . '/var/www/virtual/beatsuka.com/gjofin.is/htdocs/libraries/import.legacy.php';

then I got this error.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'message' (T_STRING) in /var/www/virtual/beatsuka.com/gjofin.is/htdocs/includes/framework.php on line 36

and now I give up and turn here... been googling this mostly all night..

I might have done something completely wrong since this is my first attempt to move a site between urls on the same server..

Any ideas would be greatful

Like I say.. I can not see the site and I can not see the site/administrator...

the errors only show on the main site... but still just white screen of death on admin site..

Hope I get some reply's :)

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: white screen and errors after moving site

Post by Webdongle » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:05 am

Use http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... ackup/1606 to move your site. It puts you database, your files and an installer into one file. You put the backup file in a folder with kickstart.php ... point your browser at it and unpack/install.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

Beatsuka
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: white screen and errors after moving site

Post by Beatsuka » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:31 pm

This worked perfectly. thank you so much for this! brilliant!

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”