error: invalid login when trying to update to j3

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
carsten888
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

error: invalid login when trying to update to j3

Post by carsten888 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:43 pm

When I try to update this site from 2.5.28 to j3 I get this error.

I'm doing the update on my own localhost, like I did with 7 other websites in the last few days (update locally and then upload). All sites updated without this issue, except this one. So system requirements and server rights are all ok.
I updated all extensions to versions compatible with j25 and j3, and disabled the 2 plugins which are not (need to install the j3 version after the update).

install-manager > 'database' is up to date and all ok at 'warnings'.

also with error reporting to 'ALL' and enabled, no errors at all.

Is there a manual way to update to j3?

What am I possibly overlooking?
http://www.pages-and-items.com my extensions:
User-Private-Page, Redirect-on-Login, Admin-Help-Pages, Dynamic-Menu-Links, Admin-Menu-Manager, plugin load module in article, plugin pure css tooltip and more...

carsten888
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: error: invalid login when trying to update to j3

Post by carsten888 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:31 pm

I did a deep search and found the error message is only defined in
administrator\components\com_joomlaupdate/restore.php

There seems to be lots of akeeba code there. I don't know why that is in that folder

Code: Select all

/**
 * Akeeba Restore
 * A JSON-powered JPA, JPS and ZIP archive extraction library
 * @copyright   2010-2014 Nicholas K. Dionysopoulos / Akeeba Ltd.
obviously I got Akeeba backup installed, but so did I on the other 7 sites with updated flawlessly.
The message is used 3 times in various functions. So I suspect the update might not be available because it can not be uppacked because of a rights issue.

How to do a manuel install of j3 over a 2.5.28?
User-Private-Page, Redirect-on-Login, Admin-Help-Pages, Dynamic-Menu-Links, Admin-Menu-Manager, plugin load module in article, plugin pure css tooltip and more...

carsten888
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by carsten888 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:47 pm

I noticed in the /tmp dir there is a Joomla_3.3.6-Stable-Update_Package.zip with has 0 bytes. When I delete that and try again, its back again, also empty. So it seems corrupt.

carsten888
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by carsten888 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:55 pm

I've downloaded it straight from the git and placed in the /tmp folder, now the install does not need to download the file anymore, but still gives the same error the moment it tries to install.

carsten888
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by carsten888 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:10 pm

I've unzipped the zip and tried to install from diretory throu com_installer. Which comes to a fatal error:
first there is a whole long list of these errors for each and every core extension
Error on updating manifest cache: (type, element, folder, client) = (component, com_mailto, com_mailto, 0)
then this:
Warning: include_once(E:\_websites\test\libraries/joomla\error\exception.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in E:\_websites\test\libraries\loader.php on line 197

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'E:\_websites\test\libraries/joomla\error\exception.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php\pear') in E:\_websites\test\libraries\loader.php on line 197

Fatal error: Class 'JException' not found in E:\_websites\test\libraries\joomla\error\error.php on line 175
In j3, that libraries/joomla\error\exception.php file is not there, but in j2.5 it is suppose to be there. So I copy-pasted the error folder from another j2.5 site and did the install again and ..... yes! finally! j3 here we go.

carsten888
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by carsten888 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:03 pm

maybe it would be a nice idea if the updater did an integrety-check before updating.

red4
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by red4 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:52 am

Try to: Logout and login to /administrator

davemass
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by davemass » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:11 am

Thanks red4! That solved my problem.
Ware Hosting

kay4luv
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Error: invalid login when trying to login with new users

Post by kay4luv » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:35 am

Warning: include_once(/home/brightsm/public_html/components/com_community/libraries/core.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/brightsm/public_html/plugins/user/welcomemessage/welcomemessage.php on line 53

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening '/home/brightsm/public_html/components/com_community/libraries/core.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/brightsm/public_html/plugins/user/welcomemessage/welcomemessage.php on line 53

Fatal error: Class 'CFactory' not found in /home/brightsm/public_html/plugins/user/welcomemessage/welcomemessage.php on line 55

matt_nz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by matt_nz » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:37 pm

I had the 'Error: invalid login' pop up error when trying to update from Joomla 2.5.8 to Joomla 3.5.1. For me fixing the file/folder permissions in Joomlas system infomation view resolved this. It may also help to set the file administrator\components\com_joomlaupdate/restore.php to permissions 777 before the update then put it back to the usual permission, the updater needs to write to this file.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”