Redirect Loop Error???

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
gregkoron
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Redirect Loop Error???

Post by gregkoron » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:06 pm

Thanks for the help, my site works again and the content is being traslated, however the menu items are not, does anyone have any idea. I am using Falang.

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by infograf768 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:31 am

Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

pdmilton
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by pdmilton » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:00 pm

Hackwar wrote:Please make sure that your content languages all have a valid access status. Go into the language manager, click on content languages (third entry in the submenu at the side) and look in the access column (third but last column) and edit all languages where that column is blank right now. Simply open the language and save it again.

Please how do I access the Language Manager??

sinasile
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by sinasile » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:57 pm

pdmilton wrote:
Hackwar wrote:Please make sure that your content languages all have a valid access status. Go into the language manager, click on content languages (third entry in the submenu at the side) and look in the access column (third but last column) and edit all languages where that column is blank right now. Simply open the language and save it again.

Please how do I access the Language Manager??

Click on Extension in your administration panel

bewinpb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bewinpb » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:38 pm

I have the same problem - site redirects to mysite.domain.com//

Also, I can't fix the content languages to have valid access status by opening and saving - it seems all save / save & close / save & new buttons don't work. Just the close buttons work. This is what anopther user has found as well: http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=707&t=875172

Any ideas what I could do except restoring the backup of 3.3.x (which I might then never be able to upgrade to 3.4 :-\)

thanks.

bewinpb
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bewinpb » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:21 am

I installed my backp (Joomla3.2.3), works fine.

Hackwar
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Hackwar » Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:03 am

Using Joomla 3.2.3 is definitely not the solution. Most likely you have a JS error.
god doesn't play dice with the universe. not after that drunken night with the devil where he lost classical mechanics in a game of craps.

Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.

mtotombogo
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mtotombogo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Having the same issue, I updated from 2.5.28 to 3.4
only have the english pack installed. Language switcher is disabled.

Tried going into the settings and resaving. still getting the same error.

in warnings i do see i have

The PHP temporary directory is the directory that PHP uses to store an uploaded file before Joomla! can access this file. Whilst the directory not being set isn't always a problem, if you are having issues with manifest files not being detected or uploaded files not being detected, setting this in your php.ini file might fix the issue.

not sure if thats relevant or no.

Hackwar
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by Hackwar » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:34 pm

Your issue is most likely not related to this one, but an extension that is not compatible with 3.x
god doesn't play dice with the universe. not after that drunken night with the devil where he lost classical mechanics in a game of craps.

Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves.

framp
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by framp » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:36 pm

I also faced this strange issue. This thread helped me to isolate and fix the issue. I use Joomla 3.6.

I installed US, GB and DE languages and I use content languages US and DE only. I detected I configured the default language to be GB and there is no content language in GB at all. When I set it to US the loop was gone :-)

Hope this helps other folks who stumble upon this thread.

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”