Server 500 error after migrating

Need help installing Joomla! 3.x? For all Joomla! 3.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
drejas
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Server 500 error after migrating

Post by drejas » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:49 pm

Hi,

I was migrating joomla websites many times before as follows:

1. Exporting database
2. Zipping the files on the source server
3. Moving the files and extracting in the new server
4. Adjusting configuration.php to match the new server
5. Import database on the new server

And everything worked fine. Recently, I rented a dedicated server and configured it from the scratch and finally moved my company website. And on the target server I am getting Server Internal Error 500. After checking in the logs it shows:
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getActive() on a non-object in /var/www/html/*****/libraries/cms/application/site.php on line 439
I tried to copy the website 2 times. I was reading on the internet that I am missing params.ini but I didn't have if in the source server either. I checked in my template which I used at the beginning, also no params.ini file.

Am I missing something in the server configuration that is needed for joomla?

PS. Connection to the database works fine, I tested it by giving wrong database name in the configuration.php and it showed that there is no db connection before showing internal server error 500.

Thanks in advance!
drejas

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Server 500 error after migrating

Post by leolam » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:54 pm

Start over......... Backup your site with Akeebabackup and restore the site on the new server with Akeebabackup's kickstart . This is about 5 mouse clicks only and sit back and relax and all will be restored to the destination

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Return to “Installation Joomla! 3.x”